interested in this grille look???

CMF_EePilas

» CMF Member
If anyone is interested in knowing how to mod the front end of your k11 to look like this just post a comment and i'll put in the project pics.

Attachments

• 19598.jpg
    19598.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 33

CMF_EePilas

» CMF Member
okay... found a friend to help me with the pictures. heres how its done...

first you just take apart the original piece. in other words take off the chrome edge. then you shave off the chrome paint as good as possible. (this is to prevent the new paint from dropping off).
then paint the ex-chrome pieces with a plastic primer then with the desired colour, and finally finish the job with a clear lacquer.

once you have done that leave the pieces to dry and start cutting the net. you should use net that is made of stainless material to prevent it from rusting during the first rain you drive through.

I used a gluegun to attach the net to the main piece, but i dont think it was the most accurate or the best way to do it. use your imagination to do it better if hot glue is not what you want to use.

after this just simply put the pieces back as they were and use some kind of bonding agent or such to make the edges look good and stay tight.

after this you are ready to show it to your jealous friends.=)

Attachments

• 20366.jpg
    20366.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 28
Back