Grille question

caphj7

Buy & Sell Member
hi, i have a pre facelift micra k10 from 1985 and i was thinking about changing the black grille. the black grille i have on now is faded to a horrible grey/black colour and it shows up water marks really easy. will a facelift grille from a 89ish k10 fit on my prefacelift micra or not..? i would like to eventually mesh the grille to make it look nicer. Also is it worth just taking it out and respraying it in primer then black then laquer it. i could do the front and rear bumpers aswell to make them look nicer! anyone else done this on there k10 changed the grille to a facelift one?

http://img264.imageshack.us/my.php?image=micrawithreg2me7.jpg

THIS IS A PIC OF MY MICRA AND THE GRILLE

My K10 was a facelift, but a previous owner had fitted a pre-facelift grille to it! Wasnt obvious, but they had to do some minor surgery to the grille, as the bolts are about an inch out of line, and it was held in by wires. Not sure how it would work the other way though.

It's a Datsun!!!! :)

Lol, anyway!! I don't think you can put facelift grilles in pre facelift, i think something in the line of changing the side panels and lights and bonnet will be needed!!. But re-spray it, i sprayed mine silver to match the rest of my old car and it did the job!

I'm in the process of fitting face lift headlights/bonnet/grill to my 88 K10 as I think the face lift K10 has a smoother look.

Charlotte

Back