inter cooler set up

CMF_klingon

» CMF Member
as some of you may no, MOUSE! the micra formerly known as mighty has a side mount inter cooler set up it is very good but it needs cold air desperatly. we are going to fit a vent in the bonnet. and seal the area in the bonnet off with plate aluminium heat sheilds and window rubber for a true seal with bonnet closed. also we are going to hack saw out a few hole in inner gaurd so air has some where to go.

any way enough of my jibber ill get to the point. would some water sprayers maake a good improvement if so how much we lookin. nitrous inter coolers sprays are available to but prob to exxy.

CMF_Alex_B

» CMF Member
dosn't mighty mouse have water injection right after the turbine exit into the intercooler? wouldn't see the point in adding water sprayers, just more things to break/fail/maintain,

but if your keen head over to www.autospeed.com and search "intercooler water spray" (think they have free subscription to the next four issues, if you don't subscribe)

Alex

CMF_klingon

» CMF Member
yeah but the water injections way to conservative for us it comes on as soon as you hit boost we need a day on the dyno and fine tune the water injection.

the sectioned off inter cooler compartment should look pretty off tap hey. we'll post photos as we do it.

cisco

» CMF Member
I would say ditch the current cooler for a front mount. Totally different world in terms of the extra benefit of the oncoming air. No need to put an ugly scoop on the top and give the car away then either. With a scoop, noone will be surprised at how fast the car is any more. They will see it coming and know its been modified..

Front mount front mount!

CMF_klingon

» CMF Member
yeah man but we also wanna re install the air con. cause my dad cant have a car without it. i can thats what windows and a singlet are for but try telin that to my old man.

how muck was your front mount setup.

Back