Integra Type R- To buy or not to buy??

My boss up here has a white one, looks pritty smart, although hers is getting a bit old as there are spots of rust here and there. But that could be because she is the kind of woman that doesn't wash/look after her car. Don't get me wrong there! Not all women are like that and i am not being sexist or anything. But anyways back on track:

Yeah i would go with the ITR, unless you want to get the supercharger mod for the CTR.

Edit: Just looked at the pictures, that one is realy nice. A newer model than the one i was talking about above. Except i don't know whats going on with the radio, might it be hard to get a facia for it?

Definitly go for it! you're already considering it anyway, and you'l probably only regret not going for it. Like you say, you see CTR's everywhere, but an integra!! cant go wrong!

Attachments

• dash spray.bmp
    324.1 KB · Views: 253
Hmm, they are nice, but why don't you do what your username suggests and buy my GTR off of me!

GTR6.jpg

GTR9.jpg

GTR4.jpg

You won't look back!!!

Paul

Ok, I know this isn't the for sale section, but you did ask....

95 (M) R33 GTR V-Spec - 80,000 miles
Full Abbey Motorsport service history

Silver
Stage 1 - 400bhp @ 1 bar
Nismo 18" Alloy wheels
Nismo carbon
Nismo oil, rad, fuel caps
Nismo dials (dash and centre)
Nismo clear indicators and side repeaters
Abbey 1 bar ECU
HKS lowering springs
HKS hard pipe kit
HKS EVC4 boost controller
Blitz SUS induction
Dump Valves
Trust downpipes
RS*R full s/s exhaust
Sound system (inc. amps, sub etc)
Alarm, Tracker, Snooper
R34 front strut brace
Custom made carbon engine shroud
R34 Front and Rear seats

Extras
Original dump valves
Original V-Spec springs
Original rubber intercooler pipes
Original front strut brace
CAT

£15,000. ono

I've got some nice interior pics if you'd like to see them too.

Paul

go for the skyline :)

if its a choice of hondas deff go for the ITR my bros mate just traded his civic in for one and he absolutly loves it. like you said not too many of them around

:)

Had a stock R32 GTR before, Then I got banned from driving when I was a courier a few years back and insurance was crazy, If I got PauloGTR Skyline with all the mods insurance would be.. well your qoute is as good as mine!!! Lovely car tho!!!

I think Im gonna go for the Integra as I have a buyer for my CTR.

Had a quick qoute from my insurance company and turns out only a £150.00 more than I am paying for my CTR and the ITR is an import, so not a bad deal and thats from Nowrich Union, been with them for years!

Selling the CTR for £16000.00
2005 CTR with 9k on the clock and stock, no mods!

Buyer drove yesterday and he loved it. 99% sure that he is buying it!!!

lol u n ur hondas micraskyline but ur mrs s2000 is better than the dc5 :p the ctR imo is abit crap sits too high(car + passenger) lots of understeer gear stick weird position in dash too many on road like u said aint special...
(me dont have first hand driving a dc5 but i say)
the dc5 improves mainly on handling i say just like the old integra was better than the old civic + recardo seats :) + brembo brakes :) + its faster than a rx8 :)

even though its same engine as ctr(200bhp) dc5(220?(heard it was meant to put out 240 but on that site it says 220) n s2000(240bhp) (2.0 ivtec) the power is still going through front wheels rwd is better just b more careful on the bends :p (but that also makes fwd more fun cuz u can sling them n get understeer rather than oversteer n spin out (oversteer is worse than understeer in manufacturers eyes (harder to control) so they usually make cars understeer more than anything or so ive heard)

every 1 who i know who has a dc5 has it in white lol i know about 4/5 of them now all white :( must not b that many down south if u only seen 1 in 6months :p but also the people i know also have traded their ctr for the dc5 they all love it so much more :)

y not go for another s2000
s2000 =
+ rwd + quicker + convertible + looks nicer + decent solid interior + hifi controls to the right console + 9k rev limit + 155mph speed limited lol (its capable easy with spare revs :p *innocent eyes*) + faster than a porche boxter! + fancy electronic dash lol

- petrol comsumption - usable space - 155mph speed limited lol - ur licence u prob b speeding lol

u should know all these since the mrs drives 1! i know it might not seem as "man-ly" as the dc5 but the performance is better thats what guys should b going for lol
(if u want to tune up the s2000 i recommend amuse in japan they really good at doing it, theirs is **** hot)

only honda above s2000 is the NSX their top sports car...

Buyer of CTR just left, Gave me £1000.00 deposit!!!! What a quick sale!!!!

We do love our Micra but I do also love the 9k rpm Honda vtec's!!!

When my coller bone is better,then will look for one properly, Just serching the web for the best deal at the mo.

Our S2000 is a crazy little car, My wife had a imported mx5 before, tho that was fun, not as much fun as the S2000, she said she does not want to change as there is nothing to change to!! She had a few run ins with a few boy racers at the lights and each time leaves them for dead!! She does drive like Vicky Butler Henderson and can hold a slide better than me!!!

As for the colour, only white will do!

Its sad that due to my fighting injury I can not go for a last spin in my CTR, May be a good thing as I may end up in a ditch!!!!

Congratulations on selling your Civic. :) As allready said, go for the DC5 if you're after another V-Tec.

My personal preference after my R32 though would be a nice Impreza Type R... or possibly an EVO 4. ;)

-Elliot

Defffo Integra..:)

there are 3 around where i live.
Black (my mates,at car shows alot), Blue and White:p

Take it easy this time.

Civic has gone!! Paid in full!!
Did not go far though as new owner lives a mile away!!
Time to look for an ITR as I am off work for 4 weeks.

Elliot said:
Congratulations on selling your Civic. :) As allready said, go for the DC5 if you're after another V-Tec.

My personal preference after my R32 though would be a nice Impreza Type R... or possibly an EVO 4. ;)

-Elliot

Again same as the Civic-too many scoobys around!! I would go for an Mitsi FQ320. but my budget dont stretch that far.

DC5 is the next FTO.
You may not see many of them now but in a few years time you'll get the picture.
Did you not come to JAE?

Zephyr
You sound like you never driven a CTR properly before.

Trung said:
Did you not come to JAE?
Did not go to JAE as I was injured and could not drive!
Reason

There may well be an influx of DC5's in the future but for now the DC5 will do! and also after watching the Best Motoring reveiw of the ITR made me want one more!! The reveiw was in BMI15.

Trung said:
Zephyr
You sound like you never driven a CTR properly before.

lol only when u take a car to the limits then u know its weak points :p the ctr understeers way too much as std its needs the suspension fixed up, stright line its fine, taking a slow corner in n medium out its ok but thats way too slow u want fairly quick in, quick out
if its on the limits the ctr "simply cannot" cope with the stress of turns n such n will def understerer but if u cannot notice that a ctr understeers badly then i suggest u take one out again :) (i think theres also a term torque steer when theres too much power to front wheels n prevents proper turning ctr has this also)(on the track it may do ok but we dont have tracks to play with our cars, we just have 2 make do with what we got :) ) (any one else ragged a ctr on bends?)

Zephyr, you seem to know your stuff, maybe we should start the Chinese Motoring programme we spoke about!!!!!

Never found torque steer to be that much of a prob with the CTR but maybe I was redlineing it that I didnt notice!! torque steer is a big prob on my mates Focus RS he has since swapped it for a Mitsi FQ320- know that is a motor! but insurance and running it is sky high, new tyres every 5-6k miles!

got a call about half an hour ago from the buyer of my CTR and he said he went to some country lanes and the 'cars a peach'. His words!

Back