Insurance Mistake?

Allan

Ex. Club Member
Just got my renewal through and instead of having 2 years no claims, they have given me 3.

Any ideas why? I have had people mention bonus accelerators and such like but i have had nothing like that. Only thing i ever done was my passplus when i first passed.

I'm not complaining i have been given 3 years NCB, just wondering why. Do you think they will realise and take it off me?

Dont tell em!! lol, its there mistake! Probably an admin error somewhere involving pass plus

Some insurers give you an extra 1 years ncb for doing pass+. I would have thought you would have known this if you choose to do pass+ in the first place :)

Pass plus is only meant to last one year tho e.g. 1 years NCD, and after the first years discount, you remain on one year. I reckon someone's got it wrong and added it as a third years NCD!

arnold is right pass+ only counts as a kinda temp 1yrs ncb but good there dont complain tho i think they take it off if they knew :p

hughes_16v said:
passplus gives you your first years ncb, if you do not claim in your first year

you will have two years ncb when it comes to renewal

No!! Thats not how it's meant to work!!! lol

well i also got pas+ added as 1years ncb... then after that year i was insured as 2yr ncb and so on and so forth...

dont how its supposed to work and dont care but ha ha they all insure me with this 1st year ncb included...

but like people say dont ring them and ask just leave it and try not to crash lol..

paddymarsden said:
passplus isnt a years no claims, its a monetry discount off the final £ amount

this is true, they just word it in a confusing way as the discount often equates to the equivalent of a years no claims.

which companies are you guys insured with that have carried pass plus on as an extra year?

churchill initially gave me the pass+discount equivalent to 1 year ncb...
year 2 was churchill again and was given 2years ncb after only 12 months...

year 3 was Norwich union direct and was given a 3years ncb certificate from churchill which i forwarded to NU.

year 4 im now with aa and have 4years ncb...

tbh im just happy i've never crashed or had to claim for wind screen...

Back