Installation of aftermarket pedals..

cisco

» CMF Member
Hi All,

Hopefully someone can give me some advice here.

I want to install my aftermarket sparco pedals, they screw on, so need to drill the original metal pedals etc.

But what did people do regarding the micra's accelerator? Its just a skinny rod basically, not a lot there to drill into and bolt the pedals onto.. Did people weld on a plate and then drill into that? Or what's the trick!?

Thankss..

cisco

» CMF Member
Yeah I think those clamp on are one type of aftermarket pedals, but mine are drill on. They are just flat alloy plates basically, and come with holes and bolts that you use. You have to drill them into the pedals, and its fine for the other two pedals, but the accelerator is like a skinny rod thing.. Hmm.

CMF_evade

» CMF Member
i dont like clamp on pedals..makes the pedals feel weird..like you are driving with thickass shoes.

just do your best to attach it to the skinny rod..im sure you can think of some good way to do it heh

CMF_jamm'n

» CMF Member
Yeah i don't like them either. I got busted by the cops for having them on anyways, so i took them off. They were the chrome "shiny" type, and in the summer when they heat up they're like murder on your feets :)
So needless to say i took them off gladly. I think at the time, when i was asked to remove them, i said "yeah i'd be happy to"

CMF_jaxx

» CMF Member
cisco:

i left the accelerator pedal on and used that as a base, you can actually drill through it, just enough to get the screw on and the bolt tightened at the back. it may end up being slightly to the left. if the cops cant get them of with there bare hands there as good as the factory ones. also make sure you dont over tighten them. make sure the rubber is sticking through as i failed an MOT test on this. 'anti-slip-prevention worn' poo i know but thats life at times eh. good look anyway.

cisco

» CMF Member
Thanks fellas.

Woooh! All done.

Too easy.

Looks HOTTT. Loving it.

Yeah I drilled through the plastic thing aswell. You can position it perfectly, its surprisingly stable and secure too. Well, very happy with this upgrade, a real racer feel without it looking jabbed up and over the top.

I'll post a pic of this and some other stuff soon. Hopefully tomorrow.

cisco

» CMF Member
This is the best I can do for now:

Attachments

• 12353.jpg
    12353.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 30

CMF_jaxx

» CMF Member
exactley the same as mine. forgot how good they look straight off the shelf ha ha. how you managed to bolt them down using all the holes available i dont know.

the pedals curve so i have just used one hole on each pedal. very secure though. well done cisco looking good.

Back