Sparco race grip pedals

cisco

» CMF Member
Just ordered a set of these.

Went for the plainest most functional looking ones that I could get. I have always liked the simple/functional look of sparco pedals. I like how the accelerator had that offset bit also for heel/toe aswell.

You can insert little rubber grips in any of the holes as you please so they are very safe and legal on the roads.

These ones have to be screwed into the factory pedal stubs. I.e. you need to drill the pedal stubs and screw these onto the holes.

Hope its not too jabba! I think blue monster needed some interior attention.

CMF_micratech

» CMF Member
Cool!
No worrys mate..they will look great once you have them fitted.

The way I mounted my Sparco pedals:

I cut of the original rubber ones in the micra, then drilled the holes with a powerful drill and then bended the metal, where the new Sparco pedals will be mounted, so they perfectly fitted the curves of the Sparco pedals..

NOTE! Be shure to lign the pedals up before you drill the holes, so they allign perfectly once fitted.

After the holes where drilled out, the trottlepedal could easily be taken out of the car to be moddefyed as a mountingbracket for the sparco pedal.

Looking forward to se your end result..

cisco

» CMF Member
It cost US$70 delivered from the US from ebay.

I waited around for a while to try to get a set locally, but couldn't find what I wanted, and nothing on ebay within aus, so just bit the bullet.

CMF_Sean

» CMF Member
I actually find that its easier to heel-toe without the little attachment.

I drove a mate's Swift with aftermarket pedals with the attachment (the pedals are very similar in dimension and spacing) and found it a bit clumsy to try work it.

With my stocko pedals though its very easy to just rotate on the toe and tap the accelerator.

Although my pedals are pretty damn slippery compared to the ones you're getting cisco...

Be keen to check them out actually

Sean

CMF_Tseq

» CMF Member
I've bought the same ones for 35euros from a store.They look really nice.It took me more than a couple of hours to fit them because i was cramped for space to open the holes with the drill.The stock gas pedal of my micra is plastic compared to the other two so I had to fit the sparco one over it.
If your soles are wet ,even with the rubber grips ,they are a little slippery but not dangerous.

I also have this sparco knob which is beautifully matched with the pedals.

cisco

» CMF Member
Wooh these pedals finally arrived.

They look awesome in the flesh. Can't wait to slam them on.

Just need the exhaust guy to finish all the pipework.

cisco

» CMF Member
No idea mate, I was gunna rock up there today or ring him.

I'm sure well into January now. As even when he's finished, it needs a 5 day turnaround for getting the parts HPC coated.

Feh.

That's allright, I'll consider it total race preparation for the coming winter. Come April/May she will be sucking in that Canberra cold air and smoking past them.

cisco

» CMF Member
My news resolution for 2006 is to drive the car all year long without it being off the road.

The worst thing that I could put up with would be a clutch change or something. But nothing worse!

Imagine at winter time. Bye bye V8s. That long throw is going to come on boost and push out some pretty decent peak power. Top end k11.

CMF_White Knight

» CMF Member
When you come down to Tassie we will hunt V8s.
Stump Puller will blow em away say up to 100kph then just when they think they are winning Bluey goes past.
That would shake em up.
I can see them all booking their cars in for dyno tunes.

cisco

» CMF Member
That's awesome.

Only problem is that I'll need some delicious optimax or similar 98RON fuel. Or do you have any tanks of avgas down there? Where is Hobart Airport? A couple of quick practise runs on the runway, and then back out onto the street with some crazy 747 fuel. Maybe strap on a set of wings and I won't need to catch the ferry back home.

cisco

» CMF Member
Yeah my price was $41, the $22 was for the express international shipping. (Which still turned out to take 5 weeks). The guy I bought them off was an *******, never replied to my enquiries or emails, the tracking information he sent me didn't work. Luckily, after 5 weeks, they arrived, but the day earlier, I had lodged a complaint with paypal/ebay, then the goods turned up, then Paypal refunded the full amount to me. Now the idiot surprisingly replies to my emails, because he wants his money back and I have both. I told him he doesn't deserve it, but I will pay him the pedals value back, but I'm not refunding the shipping amount. I'm taking my time replying to him aswell. So funny.

Back