Inner rear wheel arches

Hello once again folks,I would greatly appreciate some advice/knowledge...My wife`s "The Boss" other Micra 1.3 auto came off the road due to the rear inner wheel arches rotting..I was and still am of the opinion that they could be repaired by a good welder/fabricator...the chap we saw at our garage said it would be too expensive to repair, so the Boss went out and bought another k11 1.0 Auto..it had 8 mths MOT on it cost £800 with a good service history...but we put it through another MOT to be sure everything was ok..worth the few quid for peace of mind...low and behold...rear inner arches gone....so they were fixed along with a few minor issues and a full service...Now the Boss wants to put the 1.3 back on the road as she preferes 4 doors...apparently its a "Shopping issue" ??....is there anywhere that I could buy prefabricated inner arches that with a bit of snipping and bending could be fitted instead of having patches...I know it would be expensive etc...but I just nod my head when the Boss speaks...lol...Its her first car and she loves it...so she wants it back on the road...I can understand her as Ive nearly rebuilt my old Mercedes over the past 5 years...and thats going nowhere...any help would be much appreciated,
Regards,
Steve
ps...the car in question is the one on my avatar...

As far as I am aware you cant buy them, but if the rot is not too bad they are pretty easy to weld up, just gotta be carefull with the outer edge cause of paint which can be expensive :eek: you'll probably be able to get it stronger then it is originally if you fo it all properly ;)

As far as I am aware you cant buy them, but if the rot is not too bad they are pretty easy to weld up, just gotta be carefull with the outer edge cause of paint which can be expensive :eek: you'll probably be able to get it stronger then it is originally if you fo it all properly ;)
Thanks for the reply...I think the outer skin will get damaged a little on both sides to be honest as on reflection It would be better to cut the whole inner wings out on the topside and where it meets the outer shell...where the inner wing comes into the boot is still good and solid...just the upper and outer edges that have rotted...its gonna be a long job as the rear suspension...fuel tank etc would need to come off for ease of acces with a welder and cutter..ha ha...I can see me ending up having the whole flamin car in bits on the garage floor painting all the underneath components...oh...bliss..
Steve...

Back