Injector Options

CMF_JPK11

» CMF Member
Ga15 throttle, coolant bypass no mesh 125mm pipe feeding to the intake with a pod ontop of the tb and aspect racing headers. Before I give it a tune with a jaycar fuel controller what can I do about injectors? Anything that fits the stock rail would be a lot easier. What do you guys think I should do
Cheers

CMF_RTK

» CMF Member
Get a cg10 rail, (have to come from the UK) bolts straight in, see if frank can send one :) or do some searching

CMF_climberjoel

» CMF Member
ive recently put a wideband o2 sensor in and with similar mods to you, and still stock injectors, using a safc2 i can get the fueling just how i want it - so id suggest no need to change injectors

CMF_JPK11

» CMF Member
I've heard maxing out the stock cg13 injectors is a bad route though?
and RTK I don't car how it is now it's just if I go for an aftermarket rail/make one myself

CMF_climberjoel

» CMF Member
JPK11 WROTE:

"I've heard maxing out the stock cg13 injectors is a bad route though?

I'm happy to be told I'm wrong, but the way I see it if the A/F ratios are good, i don't see why using the stock injectors is a bad route? I'm still playing with the tune, but im running around 10% increased fueling (10% on the apexi that is) - and can easily make it run too rich if i want, so th injectors shouldn't be maxing.

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
JPK11 WROTE:

"anyone know what the stock injectors flow rate is?

148cc iirc, and the uk GA16 (198) or some GA15,s (185) are the only alternatives eh,
i prefer the little plastic bosch topfeeds personally, in the coilpack topfeed rail, as there are many more options, (QG/post 2000 SR/toyota,s/later scoobs etc)
and apparently when you interrupt/adjust the maf signal with a piggyback, it effects the timing map, and when using bigger injectors you can pull the fueling at low throttle, which means that you have to add less fuel to the topend, to limit the effect on the sparkmap (i doubt if 10% will have much effect tho eh)

Back