Infinity 6x9's...

Allan

Ex. Club Member
These any good?

ref9603i_2.jpg

Mate is selling them for £15, wanted to know if it was worth it.

If they're Kappas, avoid them. They need GOOD amplification and sound awful driven by just the HU. Reference on the other hand are ace, buy them :).

i have reference and they're mint, for 15 quid you cant go wrong (assuming they are also reference)

Those are reference 6913i I think, I have identical ones in mine - i've had them since 2002 and they've been great, definately go for them for that price! :)

Just waiting on the guy to reply, got F & M at the weekend. would like to fit them before then.

I will be getting a sub eventually but these will just be like a stop gap. When you decide to run a sub, what should you be running along side?

Ideally not 6x9's in the shelf, as the pressure generated by the subwoofer/s will interfere with them and move their cones up/down = eventually dead 6x9's.

Just run a decent set of amplified component speakers up front :)

6x9's are a great cheap stop gap before a 'proper' ice install but it really annoys me when people slate them full stop, they have theyre time and theyre place and work perfectly well. You've made a good purchase mate :)

Back