induction kit?

jonpw

Ex. Club Member
I've been reading up on induction kits and i read somewhere that it is best to have a pipe going to the outside of the car blowing on the air filter. If i just cut the pipe off the airbox that is already there and put the air filter by the end of this pipe will this be OK or will it not make any difference?

If you mean unclip the pipe to the airbox, i doubt it will draw any cooler air from the other end of it (by the battery), your thinking of cold air feeds but the micra's engine bay is so spacious that an induction kit will be fine on its own if the cone filter is located behind the battery.

quick q

Does anyone know how much a garage will charge to fit an induction kit? My insurance company is being annoying and want it done by a trained mechanic. I know these things are subjective but does anyone have a round about figure. I would buy the kit myself then ask a mechanic to fit it.

lol what a joke! first i have hurd of them saying that tbh, just fit it and then tell them it has been done.

they need a mechanics letter or reference or something from the mechanic to say its been done and the car is still roadworthy.

Back