Indicator problem

Here goes. noticed yesterday that my left indicator was blinking at double the speed, looked at the rear and my rear left indicator was not working. Had a fiddle with the bulb carrier this morning and now I have no hazard and no indicators atall!!!! ...Help needed please :(

Just checked my fuse box under dash and have found blown fuses for "HAZARDS & TURN SIGNAL" ... i'll go out and get this now, and buy a new bulb too. Should I check the bulb carrier before fitting fuses as this could be the problem, and should I disconnect the negative on battery before fitting ?

Last edited:
:( ... right, took bulb carrier apart, cleaned and checked it for damage, put it back together, put in 2 new fuses for hazards and turning signal and both fuses blow again!!! :(

Put in 2 new fuses, Disconnected rear power cable for bulb housing and fuses didn't blow, indicator light blinking fast to tell me the back light is out, hazard switch works. Connected power cable for rear bulb housing and fuses blow again! :(

Last edited:
Thought I'd try taking out the right bulb housing and connecting it to the left side, it works so I don't think its a wiring problem. Have just gone on ebay and ordered a second hand part "hope it solves my problem" ... although I took the bulbholder to pieces, cleaned it all and still wouldnt work!

Back