Indicator help

Ok, so i purchased some clear indicators for my 01 K11, not a major drama you might think, except when i came to fit them, it seems i have an odd fittment for my bulb holder, the one on my car is moulded to the bulb holder, and the ones supplied have a 2 pin fitment, i cant fit the bulb holder i already have to the new units as the holder is too small and the bulb hits the inside of lense. Any idea if there is some sort of convertor or does anyone know what the 2 pin plug is called? The pics will help

This is what i have now:
IMG_20120703_120843.jpg

And this is the sort of fitment supplied with the new ones:
IMG_20120703_144903.jpg

From what i can see, its the same fitment as the Navara D22, but i am not sure if the lense is the same fittment.

From the pictures it's hard to judge how possible this is, but could it be possible to just swap the lenses and bulbs over? How much slack is there on the cable on the car? From what I remember of mine I think mine where a connector a cable that came out of the indicator, but then again mine was a prefacelift.

There is very little slack in the wiring, and the lenses are bonded onto the main body, so thats a no go, on my plug it has 2 locking tangs where as the new ones have 3 and my bulb holder is about a third smaller.

There is very little slack in the wiring, and the lenses are bonded onto the main body, so thats a no go, on my plug it has 2 locking tangs where as the new ones have 3 and my bulb holder is about a third smaller.

Ah well, was a bit of a shot in the dark! The only other thing I can think of is that the circular connectors on each of them look roughly the same size, might the one on the clear indicator be an adapter and come off to fit the one connected to your car.

Nope, the one on the clear indicator has 2 pins in it and is fixed to the bulb holder, so its there to receive a plug of some sort, that i dont seem to have :(

not to worry now, with the help of a couple of my daughters Mega Blocks and some araldite and a bit of fiddling, i got em to fit with the old bulb holders:)

not to worry now, with the help of a couple of my daughters Mega Blocks and some araldite and a bit of fiddling, i got em to fit with the old bulb holders:)

All good then! Well as long as your daughter doesn't clock that there's some megablocks missing!

Back