Importing items from Japan

SuluR

Buy & Sell Member
Hey guys,

Now and again I look through Yahoo Japan auction to see what micra goodies there are. Sometimes there are some pretty cool bits and bobs.

Was wondering, who has bought from this site? Is there a special contact that buys and send it across? how does it work?

I havn't purchased stuff from Japan...but I got a few things from Canada last year and it's the Import duty/tax and BS handling fees that make the costs mount rapidly <_<
if you do buy something from that far away, remember the shipping itself may not be the end of your wallets woes :p

I havn't purchased stuff from Japan...but I got a few things from Canada last year and it's the Import duty/tax and BS handling fees that make the costs mount rapidly <_<
if you do buy something from that far away, remember the shipping itself may not be the end of your wallets woes :p

So Ive heard AND experienced! Bloody annoying though you do something get away with it ;)

Sometimes it might be worth the woes :p

There are a few ways of doing it but I've always imported through a guy call Nathan (can't think of his surname), he works for/ owns a company called Japex.

If you give him an email (with link to said item) he'll be able to help you out.

But remember costs soon add up, item+commission+postage+import taxes. It's how my £30 apexi back box ended up costing £150 to my door

There are a few ways of doing it but I've always imported through a guy call Nathan (can't think of his surname), he works for/ owns a company called Japex.

If you give him an email (with link to said item) he'll be able to help you out.

But remember costs soon add up, item+commission+postage+import taxes. It's how my £30 apexi back box ended up costing £150 to my door

Wow thats a lot! But does that always happen? Surely all thee JDM items we got floating around on MSC got here somehow...

Wow thats a lot! But does that always happen? Surely all thee JDM items we got floating around on MSC got here somehow...

Cheaper the more the bring in :)...but currency conversions, delivery, import duty, vat, and the extra fees all add up i'm afraid. I stopped bringing bits in because the small amounts i was moving ended up not being worth the hassle.

There used to be a member on here - AMY - who could get stuff in, got me some right nice bits, not sure if they're about anymore though?

Back