Immobilisation...???

Hi again guys, Becouse i`m a low milage user on all my cars and becouse thay are sometimes sat for over a week without being ran,I have just serviced my new purchase with new oil and filters ect.
What i have on my other cars is a hidden switch which doubles up as an anti theft device and a way to stop the engine starting straightaway (Becouse of the long standing) and i would deffo like to do the same to my micra to stop damaging the bearings on the engine starting up after being stood.

How have you guy`s immobilized yours..Could i perhaps fit an on / off switch between the feed or earth to the fuel pump without and errors /codes showing on the dash please..??.
Thank you in advance guys....Kevo.

Hi guy`s,No help with this one???...Just to clarify again..On my other cars becouse thay are sometimes sat for weeks on end..I like to stop the engine starting straight up and always crank over the engine till i obtain oil pressure (Oil light out) before i submit the engine bearings to tonnes of pressure therefore allowing the engine bearings to be fed with pressurised oil before it springs to life...I have done this to all my cars and the last Vauxhall i had covered 198,000 miles without any bearing issues at all.And,What i would like to do is the same to the micra hence my question....OR...Are the micra engines hard in this area please..??...Thank you...Kevo.

Hi again Frank, Thank you for your response. The car is a 2001....Which is the injector fuse wire Frank please..??.

not sure on the coilpack or facelift type kevo, but the preface injector fuse is near the battery
the injectors are fulltime live and signaled via earth btw :)

Thanks again Frank..Your a star....I was wondering if it would throw a fault light up if i placed a switch between the fuel pump live perhaps or even a feed wire near the fusebox i could trip into..??

the car will still fire up from the residual fuel pressure tho mate (unless you cut the pump when you park up, and let it idle)

You could just pull out the fuel pump fuse. It's located in the fuse panel by your right knee.
It takes seconds to locate and pull out

You could just pull out the fuel pump fuse. It's located in the fuse panel by your right knee.
It takes seconds to locate and pull out
Thank you...yes that`s another option..It would just be a lot easier if i fitted a hidden switch which would double up as a anti theft device also...many thanks..Kevo

Back