I'm looking for a description for anti-corrosion treatment !

N

Norsken

I'm looking for a description for anti-corrosion treatment (underseal) !

Does anyone have/know where to get a descripton that gives an indication over spots/places where to spray anti-corrosion fluid?

I'm about to start a job of fixing my Micra Tique '96 underneath, and it would be helpful to have some sort of description that gives an indication where it is important to spray tectyl.

Retepetsir said:
Is that like an underseal?

Yes, I reckon that the correct word for it. One matter is the outside that you can see, but I am specially interested in where there is readymade (if any) holes for spraying underseal inside sills etc and where I should bore holes my selves.

I've underbodysealed all the sills and some of the underbody of the car, i'm also trying to thionk of a way of projecting the inside.
Was thinking of somehow getting a water of water resistant "stuff" to lay on the sills so water would just run of it and out. No idea yet!

Underseal is a tar like product available at most hardwar stores like Halfords, you put it anywhere you want basically, I do on any car I have the wheel arches, sills and most the underbody.

goldstar0011 said:
Underseal is a tar like product available at most hardwar stores like Halfords, you put it anywhere you want basically, I do on any car I have the wheel arches, sills and most the underbody.
Hmmm... guess I should've done that before my sills rusted to buggery. What do u do once they've rusted though?

you cry or get the welded or even replaced.
My superS has had a few weld patches thet look ugly so I ground them down and fibreglass parts to make look smooth.

goldstar0011 said:

Can't believe I've never heard of this before, I worry about rust a lot, and I've always wondered what kind of pre-emptive treatment I can do to help prevent rust.

I wonder if anyone could show me where abouts exactly they've painted with this underseal please?

I love the stuff (but not in my hair), just paint it on everywhere you want to prevent rust!
Once I've finished any work under my car I'm going to cover everything from sills, arches even brake pipes!

goldstar0011 said:
I love the stuff (but not in my hair), just paint it on everywhere you want to prevent rust!
Once I've finished any work under my car I'm going to cover everything from sills, arches even brake pipes!

Goldstar, you're sensible. I don't think it'd be as good as Loreal Elvive in your hair.

I hate sounding like a complete numpty :( but where abouts are the 'sills'?

i did my mates rs cosworth at uni using their air gun and lift...

so much fun... cheap aswell...

we just covered the exhaust and suspension parts, other than that we sprayed eveywhere..

stokefan said:
I hate sounding like a complete numpty :( but where abouts are the 'sills'?
(Correct me if I'm wrong) It's the bit of body between the door bottom and the seam where it joins the floorpan. Apparently Micras are a prone to rusting there (so reckons my garage).

The outer sills are the metal under the door before the jacking point "seem", and the outer sills are the bits after the "seem"

8.DSCF0026.JPG

shame ya cant take ya car back to nissan to get it done, when i worked there i had to clean the underseal tar stuff booth up, great fun squirting each other with sticky tar lol! :D

Back