I'm in the local Newspaper!

hoodedreeper

Ex. Club Member
Last Friday there was an article in the Evening News (our local newspaper) about the 'crackdown' on 'boyracers',so i thought i'd email back with my opinion. They got in contact with me and was pleased someone had voiced their opinion about it. Arranged a meeting with the photographer blah blah and the new article will be published soon!

>> ARTICLE 01 <<

>> ARTICLE 02 <<

No bad mate we have the same problem up here in dundee its got to the stage ware the police have started drivin cars identical to taxis to try and catch us out.. ive had every single one of my cars taken off me from the wa**ers but everytime i try so speak up i end up in the jail for the weekend lol :D

Lol sorry to hear that! I have to admit,i'm only just starting! I've got alot more to say on it,but my 1st email was an essay,might end up boring them lol

Car cruising/modifying has been around for years,and no matter what they do (whether they kick us off one car park and then the next) we'll always find somewhere else to go,until they GIVE us somewhere.

Thats exactly the point its been around for years and its going to be around for years.. i passed my test 13months ago now and they have charged me with 108road traffic offences since then there just scum who really need to get a grip and deal with some real criminals.. The other nyt one police officer ripped my number plate clean off my car cuz it was too small lol had to get the bumper sprayed again :(

legend, nice one mate, there is a big difference between car enthusiast and a chav/barry but we all get lumped together

stereo typing, because we own modified cars people asumme we break rules because someone like a chav with a modified car has. they reckon we are the same..theres two sides to it.

Congratulations Hoods, not often that "Boy Racers" get a say. We should be called "Boy Modders", lol. Standing around in a car park isn't really racing.

Thanks for the support! I've been working on this kinda thing for the past year or so. I've got a petition running atm but got no where near enough signatures before they even think about looking into it. (got told i'd need about 3000 minimum!)

Currently working along side the police to arrange somewhere to go (hopefully the petition will help back me up and to prove the domand for a location)

But we'll see what happens!

Nice to see someone fighting for the cause! (Y)
We have the same problem in our area, it's usually just a few who ruin it for others. I suppose for some it's difficult not to show off 300BHP but kudos to those who can control themselves :)

nice one, this is the exact same thing as with racing minimitos, you wouldn't beleive the s**t I used to get from the police for just having one in my garage, just because some daft arsed chavs get the crappy £100 ones off eBay and ride round the local estates.
A guy posted an article similar to yours and now Durham police are running a club where they take kids to tracks, so they obviously listen.

good work mate, nice to see someone standing up for those of us who arent being a pain, racing etc. we need more people like you in the msc! kudos!

Back