iloilo SLALOM race 2009

CMF_Akinari

» CMF Member
hi guys! remember i was setting up my march for a drag this january? got the cg13 cams from sir TurboMarchRollingShell for my cg10 and they did wonders!

anyways sadly drag race was cancelled and was turned into slalom race.

and the funny thing is i was the only one that entered with an unfamiliar car.. everybody was like "pff" "your car is underpowered" since their cars were all hondas -_- .. lol proved them all wrong.. the micra was perfec for the course since its smalll and very easy to maneuver.. drifting with the ebrakes was fun.. (my first time in a slalom race)

anyway here are some pics:

CMF_Akinari

» CMF Member
more

Attachments

• 42497.jpg
    42497.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 24

CMF_Akinari

» CMF Member
well there were a LOT more but didnt have time to get pics

also 5 beetles joined in the race.

one of the race officials gave me a hint saying the micra has the best chance of winning due to the small body and easy handling..
sadly, my cv joints got lose in one of the race after a 180 drift and couldnt continue.

i admit i am an amateur and it was my first official race.
pls send me some comments and tips for preparation for the next race this May..

also wanted some tips regarding those cv joints -_-

thanks guys!

CMF_Akinari

» CMF Member
frank

yes i did have fun since it was my first time.
i was not planning to drive my k11 but my friend forced me too since he said the course is so simple. then he secretly entered me as a late entry. so the race officials gave me 1 pratice run with my friend as the navigator. lol.. he just told me to just get in between the two markers as fast as i can and gave me tips on using the handbrake for drifting my rear end in 180 turns. then after 1 run, the driving just became 2nd nature to me.. maybe because i drive the micra every day in tight trafic and find narrow shortcut .. i dno how i did it but the micra just kept on going in between the markers without hitting them..

anyway the inner cv joint came loose after a 180 turn in one of the races. at first i thought it was my clutch that gave way but i didnt smell anything burning.. then when we checked it out it was the cv.. the lock came loose, just had to push it back and it was fixed.. maybe because earlier that day we had to change my outer cv joints cause it was rattling when turning..

it was all fun even though i didnt get a place since i was disqualified to continue. there will be another race this may and i plan to join again hoping with better preparation.

aki

Back