Ignition barrell

kennierobo

Buy & Sell Member
Slight problem with the ignition barrell on my yellow micra it must be worn or something as when you turn it over starter motor just clicks as if there was a flat battery but if you shake the key around in barrell it will turn over as normal also once started you have to turn key back just a tad to make contact for wipers ect, my question is ........is there an easy fix for this problem or will i need to renew the whole barrell.........:laugh:

Slight problem with the ignition barrell on my yellow micra it must be worn or something as when you turn it over starter motor just clicks as if there was a flat battery but if you shake the key around in barrell it will turn over as normal also once started you have to turn key back just a tad to make contact for wipers ect, my question is ........is there an easy fix for this problem or will i need to renew the whole barrell.........:laugh:

probably what i would do is either use some WD40 or just some meth or oil in the barrel, but also try changing the black switch that is on the other end of the barrel. they are generic so just unplug it and swap it over. there is a small screw that needs removing too.

Back