Major Problem - Ignition & more??

CMF_Pierce

» CMF Member
So I have a black 95 micra with the interior entirely removed, including dash...

Anyways I started it and about 10 seconds later it just cut out. It won't start at all, turning the key wont turn the starter at all. I've checked the fuse panel you can access when the dash is on, Theres no power to the fuses.

I've checked the big fuses on the fuse panel (the block ones on the right side, they all work and there is power from the thick wiring plugging into the back of those side fuses). I don't think there is any power coming into or out of the smaller fuses (rated 3 thru 30).

I've jumped the starter solenoid and the starter works when I do that...

I've checked the plug off the ignition barrel and it doesn't have any power.

Turning the key slowly at first gave an audible sound from the fuel pump once, but never again...

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
mine cut out the other week pierce, no dash lights starter etc, but lights were working.
the big square green ign switch fuse near the battery had bust, not blown but the leg on the side had cracked

CMF_Pierce

» CMF Member
Thanks frank, I actually volt tested the ones in the dash panel, but didn't think about the ones in the engine bay because the main thick power cables do have power on my volt tester.

I'll make sure to check those in the morning, hope thats it... then I have to find one from nissan i suppose...

CMF_asdame

» CMF Member
sticking/gummed up ignition switch?

my old one used to get stuck inbetween IGN and Start. so when i start, let go of key and it cuts off with no dash lights. jiggle the key and IGN lights come back on.

overhauling the switch helped for awhile but the contacts were prob worn so replaced with a switch from a facelift and never happened again.

CMF_Pierce

» CMF Member
Frank2, as a side note, on my green 95 micra, when I remove the fuses from the circled fuse box the car still starts fine.

Is the circled fuse box the one with the green fuse you were talking about above? If so when they are removed from the black one it should start anyways, right?

Attachments

• 76492.jpg
    76492.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 34

CMF_Pierce

» CMF Member
Ok frank,

Just checked that one out this arvo, the tester on top works, pulled it out and the sockets are good and the plug is good as well. I'm stumped.

Maybe I'll call an electrician around but thats gonna cost me a couple hundred in cash easily... damnit.

Back