Ignition switch issue...

Hello,

You guys might be able to help me with a certain issue on my Micra K13 (2014).
Problem is with the ignition switch/barrel.

Inserting/extracting the key is ok.
Turning the key also works fine, but when I turn the key up to "start position" the the ignition barrel tends to remain in start positon sometimes, which keeps the starter motor running...
I assume this "start" position is spring loaded as it should return by itself (when releasing the key) when the engine is running.

I've seen other posts where graphite powder is used to loosen up the internal parts of the barrel, but will this help with my problem?
Is this problem located inside the barrel itself or at the bottom (separate) part, inside the electrical switch?

Any tips are welcome, thanks in advance !

DannyODK.

Hello,

You guys might be able to help me with a certain issue on my Micra K13 (2014).
Problem is with the ignition switch/barrel.

Inserting/extracting the key is ok.
Turning the key also works fine, but when I turn the key up to "start position" the the ignition barrel tends to remain in start positon sometimes, which keeps the starter motor running...
I assume this "start" position is spring loaded as it should return by itself (when releasing the key) when the engine is running.

I've seen other posts where graphite powder is used to loosen up the internal parts of the barrel, but will this help with my problem?
Is this problem located inside the barrel itself or at the bottom (separate) part, inside the electrical switch?

Any tips are welcome, thanks in advance !

DannyODK.
hello danny did you ever solve your issue?