Idler Pulley

CMF_White Knight

» CMF Member
Well the sucker is in and no more belt slip ever.
You can see all the pulleys and the idler pulley sure has put a lot more surface contact on the main drive one and the supercahrger one.
Where it sits is a bolt hole into the engine. We had a sleeve made up which sits flush against the engine and fits into the pulley. Through all this went a high tensile bolt. Has taken a lot more strain off the supercharger bracket.
Running the Goodyear Gatorback 5Pk belt which is by all reports stronger, less stretch and stickier.
Will run for a month then retension as sure to be a bit of stretch and thats it. Just bloody lucky we picked up the bolt hole into the main engine block.
12 psi all the time every time.

Attachments

• 16323.jpg
    16323.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 30

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
OH also I notice your crank pulley there... What was the standard one like? Did it have any rubber inserts on the opposite side?

I have been considering looking more closely at lightened crank pulleys but I'm scared off as in my experience the crank pulley often acts as an extra bit of vibration dampening for the crank and removing the pulley and replacing with the a solid item can cause undue wear and tear on the bottom end.

Thanks...

CMF_White Knight

» CMF Member
Yeah its strange. About 30degree angled slots across the raised V section. Supposed to increase grip and be less noisy.The back of the belt supposed to be a lot stronger also. Goodyear made the Gatorback belts specially for superchargers so should do the job.
Anyway always got a spare one in da boot just in case.

Back