idle problem

Z

zr0k001

hi once again guys I have finally finish fiting the primera engine in k11 but now we have a problem is idleling erradicly is like someone is tappint the gas pedal but no one is near the car any ideas?fwn

Have you turned all electrical devices off inside the car (headlights,heater, stereo, etc)? Most cars will dip to around 950 RPM then suddenly jump up to 1250 RPM then back, this is the auto choke.

i have but the thing is that is doing it at all time even from cold this morning started revving high and as soon as I taped the acelerator started running rough again:down:

Hmmm, it does have auto choke doesn't it? If so it sounds like that is broke. Or it may simply be disconnected, is the timing ok?

yes mate it dpes have an automatic choke now that of beein disconnected I dont really think so but what have you hear about idle control valve where is it in he primera engine does anyone knows??????? Im gonna go now and recheck the loom connections to see whats going on i'll let you know in a bit

The idle control valve (at least on my K10) is on the carb, although if it's fuel injected it won't have one as it'll all be part of the ECU I think.

Hey all just to let you know that the engine is the 1.6 so if you know of what is causing the idling problem do let me and zr0k001 know. alternator is faulty: not charging the battery properly could this perhaps causing the idling problem and if not what should I look for as iv heard other who have done this conversion for the k11 have had this issue before.

Thanks

possible air leak, i know they can cause erratic idle and poor running. check all the little vacuum hoses that connect to the tb and inlet manifold, also your idle control valve should be located around the tb somewhere. good luck ,Tom.

does it do this when up to temp' too ?

im trying to get the wiring diagram for the 1.6 and going to wire idle control into the 1.6 ecu.

also im going to re-do the exhaust completly ... what zorst system you running ? im going to make up a 2"-2.5".

keep us posted ... i havent made any progress/time on mine in weeks now :(

good news guys it was the idle control valve: the spring was jammed causing the flux in revs but now shes finally up and running and boy does she sound and move beautifully :) good luck with yours by the way keep me posted and il help out where i can.

ScOpEz

please add me to msn

leegreer1{at}hotmail.com

replace {at} with @

thanks

until then, how did you alter the wiring ? 1.6 ECU ... wire the Idle control in straight to ECU ? alter the lambada sensor wiring ?

im trying to source a primera loom but no1 seems to want to sell me it as they say its too much work removing .......... if you could write a quick guide on how to wire the changes needed in ECU pins it would be great.

thanks. im going to attempt to get it running once and for all in around 7-14 days when my garage clears and i can get the 1600 in

thanks

I got you in my msn mate if ou want we can talk any time

Now about your loom problem have you try your local scrapy?
they shouldn't have a problem with it and if the do just tell them that you need to replace some component that are damaged simple

do you have the mounts made for it?

And one more thing is it the k10 or k11?

hi, hope to catch you on msn soon.

anyway its a k11, the engines in, it starts but ticks over badly. what all did you wire into/change on the ECU ?

what bore is your exhaust ?

thanks

we are using a hybrid loom: the k11's original wiring for all the lights etc and the engine loom from the primera to run the engine. back box is 4 inch tail pipe and mid section is jus the standard bore the k11 has. ;) let me know if you have any problems

what did you change pins/locations for on the ECU ?

injectors, lambda sensor, idle control ......... etc. ?

thanks. any notes you took down when reading/doing the wiring ?

idle conrtol valve, injectors, ecu etc are all the primera's, however still havnt managed to wire the k11 clocks to work with the primera loom :( sorry about the late reply I dont get on often ;)

yes i know they are all primera .... but what did you alter in the wiring loom ?

ie. rewired idle control valve to ECU from scratch.
used same wiring for injectors.
re-arranged lamada sensor wiring on ECU pins used same connector.

etc etc.

would really help :)

but thats what I'm trying to say mate that I havnt altered the wiring in anyway eveything is how it was when I removed from the car...the only thing which we have done is make the loom smaller by getting rid of all the unessary things like ADS, central locking, lights etc which arent being used. :s

impossible ....

for one the micra doesnt have a idle control ? how did you wire it ? you would have had to wire it straight to ECU ?

so your saying you put the engine in , all the plugs fitted 100% and the ECU ran it without any alterations ?

did you use the complete primera loom ? headlight connectors, indicator stalks etc same fitment plugs ?

what year micra and what year primera ?

thanks

2002 k11, and 1998 primera, sorry mate about all this confusion... Im using all the primera loom, all we did was shorten it and remove unessary wires such as the central locking, headlamps etc: basically stuff that isnt being used and which I already on my original...if you get what I mean

Let me know how its going mate

ScOpEz

djlee - the k11 does have idle control

zr0k001 & scopez, what ecu are you lads running? may be able to help

-ps ed if you are reading this i will be back in the "contactable world" next week, sorry for dropping off the face of the earth for the past month or so

Back