Idle problem

R

rooricken

Hi guys im a newbie here, i love my micra but have a problem with the beast.
its a 1.0e. What happens is when it warms up the car wont idle, as soon as i stop the car the engine dies. There are no warning lights showing any ideas?

rooricken said:
its a 1.0e. What happens is when it warms up the car wont idle, as soon as i stop the car the engine dies. There are no warning lights showing any ideas?

is it still under waranty?

if its in warranty take it to nissan,
if its not,
does the engine become hard to start when hot?

it could be that the idle needs resetting but you need consult to do that (nissan dealer job)

if that dont fix it the only advice i could give you is the crank sensor/connector might be faulty but i cannot be sure without having consult on and looking at the data monitor

it could be one of many faults when it comes to k12s im afraid

oh and welcome to the club

rooricken said:
its a 1.0e
. What happens is when it warms up the car wont idle, as soon as i stop the car the engine dies. There are no warning lights showing any ideas?

lol i have no idea about your problem but i never expect to see the terms beast and 1.0e used in the same manner again lol, or even the same sentance unless it involves a beast eating the 1.0l. Lol and welcome

Big_ben said:
lol i have no idea about your problem but i never expect to see the terms beast and 1.0e used in the same manner again lol, or even the same sentance unless it involves a beast eating the 1.0l. Lol and welcome
LOL

No its not under waranty any more.
Are these micras unreliable? is this a common problem?
Its done 50,000 without any probs so far.
I will try to book it in to nissan tomorrow but i really need the car:(

some are reliable and some arent

but the biggest fault is when they get driven like miss daisy and the engine gets coaked up and needs a good thrashing to clean it out etc

the most common fault is airbag lights on, but dont let it will put you off of a great little car which is reliable most of the time, every car will have its faults

but the main fault is that they have renault stamped on them :grinning:

Yeah you are right about the renault stamps!
The car is used as a driving school car, do you reckon being driven at 30mph all day has caused a problem? Maybe i should book a track Day in the beast! LOL

renault stamp?? what parts?? and there i was thinking K12 must be one of the most reliable super-minis out in the market!

tse_adam said:
renault stamp?? what parts?? and there i was thinking K12 must be one of the most reliable super-minis out in the market!

it is...but it still has some faults.not as many as the others tho :D

tse_adam said:

Only ones I have noticed are the stamps under the wing mirrors.

on the later k11 instruments/wiring there is a part from vw/audi i cant remember which.

The whole floor plan is basically new Renault Clio but Nissan used it first with the K12. The diesel engines are all Renault as well :).

i seem to have this problem too, i initially thought it was due to my induction kit,fake dump valve and custom back box, but i have since removed these items of modification and its still cuts out. sometimes it wont start as well.

i have tried to get nissan to fix it but they say they wont as i have highly modified the car and they are not happy with the situation.

some times i want to give up with the car, i think its got no morals the way it behaves and treats me.

every other aspect of the car is fine, just the cutting out problem, it flys when on full boost and you wouldnt think there was a problem

please help me

:(

Alienfish360 said:
on full boost? why have a fake dump valve? =/

it does sound cool, i got it off ebay for a right bargain, anyhow its now removed along with the other modifications

Back