Idle issues

Alienfish360

Awesome Dawson
My car has gone a little funny since I replaced a dodgy throttle body.

It's cold idle is between 1800 - 2000rpm, which is insanely high!

And the warm idle is at 650rpm which is bang on what it says in haynes.

However, how can I drop the cold idle? Also, when I dip the clutch and put the car into gear, it revs from the 650-700 to arond 1900rpm without lifting the clutch, as soon as that lever goes into a gear it revs up??

Almost, as if it's going on choke when I select a gear, anybody got any ideas?

no i wouldnt imagine so, how about the tb seat, there's no air leaks at all is there ? I had a similar problem with a kawasaki bike i had and it turned out to be a split in one of the inlet rubbers between the carbs and head.

mines is the same, it started a few days ago, i went to work in the morning and noticed the idle was sitting at 1500 when i started the engine

Does the GA15 and GA16 throttle bodies suffer the same common issues as the CG Throttle Bodies?

I may try bolting one of them on, and seeing if that sorts it, it may just be another faulty throttle body I've put on :mad:

Ok, so I traced it back to the AAC Valve (controls a plunger to allow air to bypass butterfly to adjust engine revs for additional load on the engine)

So I checked the plunger wasn't sticking, and then the haynes says the reading from across 2 - 3 and 3-4 should be between 50-100ohms but mine was reading 114ohms.

I have a few spare so found one, and it was reading 75ohms, so swapped them over, and it's back running sweet again :D 1500rpm cold idle and 650rpm warm idle, bang on spec.

Just thought I'd post the cure up incase anybody else has similar issues, and decides to use the search :p

This valve, or idle speed control motor, features a rotating circular shutter that can also become clogged up with corrosion. Clean with carb cleaner and a Q-tip, or similar. Gently! It must rotate freely. The one in the photo is a spare I got at a scrapyard. It was so corroded before I cleaned it the shutter would barely move.

S

Attachments

• IMG0001.jpg
    IMG0001.jpg
    172.5 KB · Views: 262
  • IMG0001_1.jpg
    IMG0001_1.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 268
Yeah that's the one, the AAC Valve

Auxilary Air Control Valve

Mine was rotatin freely, the resistance was too high between the pins

Back