Idiot of the Month award.

Krian

Fear me, for I am Onibaku
I'd like to nominate myself for the above award, reason being:

Quite happily removed the sump plug, then spent about two hours trying to get the stupid chain wrench to take off the old oil filter. Managed to get it off, carefully followed the instructions to put the new one on, then stood up, dusted myself off and proceded to start pouring oil into the car.

Anyone spotted what I missed yet? :down: After pouring in about two litres of oil I noticed this big black puddle working its way down the driveway...

4 rolls of bounty later, managed to get the majority mopped up, put the sump plug back in, put in another three litres of oil, and everything was fine. :devil:

actually, i have an anonomous nomination for idiot of the month... words to the effect of:

"every time i see those candy G strings i want to buy one"

lets all hope he wasnt gonna get it for himself

I'd like to nominate the tool who KO'd himself with the chest level beam even though he knew it was there (wilsonian can confirm) but because he ain't a member I'll agree with Krian, bet the drive/road you did it on looks good!!!

Actually, before I put the sand down, I did think it would look fantastic as a paint job on a car :D

All black and shiny, with cool colours depending on the light.

well i changed the drive shaft on my brother's civic on sunday, and i took most of the car apart, took off the old drive shaft, put the car back together and realised that i hadn't actually fitted the new one! doh!

12 hour job in the end lol :)

NeX said:
well i changed the drive shaft on my brother's civic on sunday, and i took most of the car apart, took off the old drive shaft, put the car back together and realised that i hadn't actually fitted the new one! doh!

rofl, ok, I think that one beats mine :D

We should put up a petition asking for an idiot of the month medal to be put up under the winners name :D They have to buy the first round at the next meet they attend :D

NB: I'm only suggesting this cos I reckon NeX is due for the medal :D

Nah, everyone would show up if there were free drinks involved.

"7 cokes, 4 diet cokes, 6 lemonades, 8 choccy milk shakes and a defribulator for my wallet please."

lol i was driving my k11 down the m1 and 1/2 hour into a 3 hour drive i heard something fall of my car. Then another noise..... then another noise....

i kept on thinking there was crap on the road, eventually i had to change lanes and realise the steering become very very heavy. So i pulled into a service stop and remembered that earlier that day i had loosened the power steering pulley :glare: and i forgot to tighten it before leaving!! DOH!!!!

all that stuff falling off the car was the nuts n bolts off the pulley. so had to drive all the way back without Power steering it was quite a challenge!

NeX said:

Oh man....

I mean I do this all the time with my radio controlled cars... but then it only takes 2 minutes to pop it back in... I guess you had a scaled up absense of thought there :glance:

i no someone who sent his mrs up the filling station to top up with petrol and also told her to check the oil so she did,she top up the oil to just below the oil filler cap on the rocker cover.........lol......after about four miles of impersonating one of the red arrows it died,,,,,,

bobsp16 said:
i no someone who sent his mrs up the filling station to top up with petrol and also told her to check the oil so she did,she top up the oil to just below the oil filler cap on the rocker cover.........lol......after about four miles of impersonating one of the red arrows it died,,,,,,

LOL! one of my mates whose a mechanic said the same happened, a woman came in who filled the oil right to the top of the rocker cover, and wondered why it was smoking.

Type-R said:
lol i was driving my k11 down the m1 and 1/2 hour into a 3 hour drive i heard something fall of my car. Then another noise..... then another noise....

i kept on thinking there was crap on the road, eventually i had to change lanes and realise the steering become very very heavy. So i pulled into a service stop and remembered that earlier that day i had loosened the power steering pulley :glare: and i forgot to tighten it before leaving!! DOH!!!!

all that stuff falling off the car was the nuts n bolts off the pulley. so had to drive all the way back without Power steering it was quite a challenge!

you can't really say it's a challenge :p I've never had power steering in my K11 lol

Krian said:
Nah, everyone would show up if there were free drinks involved.

"7 cokes, 4 diet cokes, 6 lemonades, 8 choccy milk shakes and a defribulator for my wallet please."

lol i'm not made of money you know :p

come on there must be someone stupider than me? surly :suspect:

i deal with them every day, i was on the phone to a customer and they asked me if the modem had to be switched on for me to dial in, and i say yes then after 15 min of not getting in they asked me if it also needed to be plugged in to the PC !!! and that is not a one off...

Alienfish360 said:
you can't really say it's a challenge :p I've never had power steering in my K11 lol
Actually I think it is, from what I understand you have to fight against the power steering mechanism, which makes it heavier than a normal non-PAS car.

Is this correct?

I work part time at a petrol station lol had some guy ask me 2 fill up a coca-cola bottle :D haha he looked at me funny when i said no :)

runaway-robot said:
I work part time at a petrol station lol had some guy ask me 2 fill up a coca-cola bottle :D haha he looked at me funny when i said no :)

lol, that's a good one :)
i recon that might have even melted the plastic bottle :)

I used to get called out all the bloody time when I worked as an it engineer - "My computers not working! You people are bloody idiots, i've had this in to the shop five times now and its still not working! I want one of you down here to fix it now!"

45 minutes of underground travel, two bus trips and a 15 min walk later

"Sir, it helps if you plug it into the mains."

Krian said:
I used to get called out all the bloody time when I worked as an it engineer - "My computers not working! You people are bloody idiots, i've had this in to the shop five times now and its still not working! I want one of you down here to fix it now!"

45 minutes of underground travel, two bus trips and a 15 min walk later

"Sir, it helps if you plug it into the mains."

tell me about it, i get those kinds of people all the time, some day i'm gonna say something like:
Retard: "Help my computer's running slow."
NeX: "yea its cos of XP's new feature, it adjusts to the speed of the user."

said that to someone at work when they asked me for help and they didn't get it lol :)

lol, thats why I like the idea from the IT crowd - just a tape repeating "Have you turned it off and on again?" followed by "Are you sure its plugged in and turned on at the wall?"

Krian said:
lol, thats why I like the idea from the IT crowd - just a tape repeating "Have you turned it off and on again?" followed by "Are you sure its plugged in and turned on at the wall?"

ooo that was soo funny lol :D i loved that bit cos it would so work, and i'm sure anyone who's worked in IT would agree with me lol,

LoL at IT job and LoL in general

the PS becomes difficult to steer if its a PS car and you have no power you have to fight the system!!

Type-R said:
LoL at IT job and LoL in general

the PS becomes difficult to steer if its a PS car and you have no power you have to fight the system!!

is that fight the system as in Rage Against the Machine? :p

My boss was once 4 hours late for work…….reason?

Well the man had owned a Diesel Golf for around 5 years, then one day he just rolled up to the petrol station and pumped in £25 worth of Unleaded….he then realised what he’d done…somewhat confused as to why, scene as he hadn’t pumped unleaded for the better part of 10 years in total!!

green......black, surely not that confusing?

had to get it towed and the tank flushed! think it cost £80 or so including the tow, that's one expensive fill up.

Type-R said:

lol... I would have been more worried about the waterpump not spinning...

my dad was checking up on some interesting call outs for Vehicle Inspectorates, being a VI for VOSA, and he noted no less than 16 women in the smart car.....(mcc smart) filling up with petrol....

not a big deal you might say, well on the msart car there are two flaps, one either side, both look identical, both are easily removed, and both have a round hole in them....but ones the air filter!.....so they proceed to fill the inlet of the engine with fuel and attempt to dive away..........lol

he actualy recomended to mercedes that they recall all of the mcc smarts for a sticker to say, "air filter you dumb biatch, fuels the other side" or call it the "not so smart car":grinning: :grinning:

When I changed the oil on my Fiat Uno, I dropped the sump plug into the used oil can. But because the hole in it wasn't big enough for me to put my hand in I had to ruin a brand new bucket by pouring it all in there instead. When I didn't find the plug I re-checked under the car... and well guess what. :blush:

ok i think i should definatly get the idiot of the month award because i just nearly ripped my finger off after getting it caught in the Acc belts of my engine!!!

Attachments

• 14-05-06_2011.jpg
    14-05-06_2011.jpg
    177 KB · Views: 107
You know that is actually quite disturbing. You win that hands down.

NeX said:
ok i think i should definatly get the idiot of the month award because i just nearly ripped my finger off after getting it caught in the Acc belts of my engine!!!

oh my god i did exactly the same to my thumb when pulling my manifold heat sheild off about a week ago! (danm rusty screws) still dont know exactly what went thru my thumb tho, still not healed yet :(

Ed said:
You know that is actually quite disturbing. You win that hands down.

lol well i needed to know which way the engine turned for my "secret projet" and i couldn't tell so i put my finger on the pully of the alt and found that it went clockwise. then a really nice car went past and i got distracted.... lol :D

Back