Car of the month?

micra_tom

MICRA FTW!
Hi everyone, just a little idea that poped into my head. I was looking around a forum i used to go on a while ago (png.com and minifinity.com) and they both run a "car of the month" section.

In this they have a non-postable thread started up, and it basicaly has a feature about the car (like you would find in a magazine), with pictures and spec lists and little stories/ interview with the owner of the car. They also used to vote for who should get the award.

Just thought this would be a cool idea, as it would give new users ideas as to what they can work towards, and it gives the members that slog the hearts out, a nice little warm feeling for being appretiated?

Just an idea, what do you all think??
Tom

Thanks for the comments guys...what does everyone ealse think (i.e moderators, kev, ed etc??)

Just and idea but i think it will be good!!

Good idea, has been asked about before

Its just like 'photo of the month' which was running but is no longer as people loose interest

You could set up a thread yourself with a poll and pictures etc, seeing as your a K11 person you must make sure you have a fair poll with K10s and K12s

Just my 2p

yh i think its a good odea..could be judged on things like uniqueness* or custom idea instead of shelf parts, and not nesacarryly* the best car but the one that made the best improvement or did something different like robbs boot install blag ?...sorry about my bad spelling :D

I think a most improved poll would be nice too, so whoever makes the biggest difference in a month get's the award.

Of course I'm saying this as I have lots of plans this month and want an award!

But it is a good idea so long as someone is willing to run it.

I think a most improved poll would be nice too, so whoever makes the biggest difference in a month get's the award.

Of course I'm saying this as I have lots of plans this month and want an award!

But it is a good idea so long as someone is willing to run it.

yh thats what i was kinda saying ... like this month id vote for robb for his boot install

this sounds like a good idea and i would be happy to do this set up polls etc contact the relevant member write a little article then e-mail it to james maybe put it on the front page if people want it like that i spend most nights on here anyway so could do something useful

i also think robs boot install would be good to start it off then maybe yours paul smith then maybe a k12 (ok slightly biased there as mine should be done exterior wise by then :p )

Yeah some brilliant ideas and i love the sound of it, looking forward to getting this underway. Obviously i wont be able to do all of this buy my self though so id be happy for the help. Sounds to me that Dragon Master UK's intrested. Maybe we could get some ideas for a layout/questions going maybe matey? feel free to pm me if youd like to help guys!!

Back