ideas for building a decent N/a

Status
Not open for further replies.
right ive been toying with the idea of making a rediculous N/a engine however i still want it to be useable and possibly followed by a remap for optimum performance!

plan is to get a second engine and use my old 1ltr and the new possibly 1.3 engine to build this engine out of the car

im thinking oversize pistons which are similar to the 1ltr

a compotition head and cams possibly stage two or three

with bike carbs or throttle bodies!

this will also inc new chain kit etc and then ready to be fitted in a day!

these are my ideas and i want other opinions etc this will be done over time etc with work ongoing to my car

1.3 completely lightened and balanced possibly a knife edged crank, port and polished head running a good set of cams, adjustable cam sprocket, independent throttle bodies with better injector options, uprated ignition system with full controllability

I'm probably wrong on a few things or missed something out :laugh:

well i can pull some strings and save up as i will have as much time as i need and build this up and learn! i would get every parts lightened and rebalanced!

i know a company that make stupidly light pistons at £250 a set

yes he did but his skill is far beyond mine and i have very little space or machinery to do this work so it will have to be done by professionals which id prefer as it would last longer haha!

im not after a stupidly light and racey engine as ill still want to use it as a daily so must start and idle fine etc if not a little lumpy!

so if we can get a list of stuff going it would amazing

- ported and polished head
- weld filled
- cams
- valve work
- inlet to carbs or tbs
- lightened and balanced crank, rods, new oversized pistons
- rebored and honed block

what is there in the way of ignition setups from what ive gathered theres sweet f/a you can do without drastic changes!

im going to comprise lists and prices before i start this so i know where im going or where abouts!

most of that list will give small gain/buck imo will fwn (headwork, boring, lightening/balancing, carbs, ignition etc)

well when i was talking to matt humphries about N/A work when i was there collecting my gearbox his 180hp rally car i believe was a similar spec!

i just want to do something that i can learn without just popping on a turbo or something

but ill see what engine tuners and the like say but i propbably wont bother going ahead with it anyway! but would be fun to get figures together

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back