I nearly ran someone over today.

Elliot

Ex. Club Member
I was on my way home from work today, and some woman on a bike crossed the road in front of me.

It was at a set of lights next to my workplace, and I was 4th in the que in the left hand lane for going straight ahead/turning left... and there was about 15 cars in the right hand lane waiting to turn right.

Anyway, the lights went to green and the 3 cars in front of me turned left... and I was going straight ahead. There was a van in the right hand lane that had stopped before the line at the lights... so he didn't block the road off when the lights went to red... as the other cars in front of him were past the line waiting to turn right.

Anyway, I was building my speed up... and was doing about 15mph at the time, and then some woman in her late 50's come from the right hand side in front of the stopped van (Even though the lights were on green), and peddled across in front of me. She was probably only about 2 car lenghs in front of me when she went across at a very slow pace... and I obviously couldn't see her coming from the right as the van was blocking the view.

I had to slam on as hard as I could, and she stopped directly in front of my car and froze! When I managed to stop the car, the front bumper of my car was probably only about a foot or less from her leg, and then she started shouting and frowning at me trying to make out it was my fault! fwn

Anyway, that unnerved me a little at the time... and the whole thing about it was that none of it was my fault! I think she must of thought the lights were on red, as Mr white van man had stopped behind the line.

I hate to think what would have happened if I would have hit her. I was only doing 15mph too, just gradually building my speed up. o_O

Just remember, be aware of people who aren't road litterate! She obviously didn't have a clue.

-Elliot

I hit someone.....

I was driving up to 30 mph to get through the lights before they changed when some dude wonders out, not even looking my way. so i slam on the brakes and skid down to about 5mph where the guy turns round in tries to step out of the way. i clipped his foot with my bumper which spun him round and he put his hand out to stop himself falling and broke off my wing mirror.....

the thing is that there was no way i could have stopped in time and if he had been a foot further on then he would have been right over the roof!! luckily he was fine and admitted it was his fault....

i crawled home at 3mph cos i was so sketched out

Yea, old people are assholes on the road, either driving or walking. They don't really seem to pay attention to what they are doing, so it make is soooo much harded to watch what they are doing as well as what you are doing!

Create a point system, me and me mates did:

Old Person = 10pts
Old Person with Shopping = 15pts
Scatter the shopping = 50 pts
Neds/Chavs = 100pts + respect from me!

anyway...
:kungfu:

me and my bro have a simmilar system for road kill....

he's on:

3 mice
2.5 phesants
1 fox
1 badger
2 pigeons

Glad to hear you didnt hit them mate! its very scary indeed, i had some drunken idiots run out infront of me in guildford town centre, and was so close to hitting them. Definitly gets your heart racing and feel a bit shakey.

Old Person = 10pts

Yes. I almost got a chav on monday. HE was meandering in the road ,saw me coming and made no effort to shift out the way. So, i utilised the kickdown (into 1st) and got him on the arse with the wing miror. Then when i looked behing me, it looked like he was dancing in the road with his hand on his arse.

and he had a gay tracksuit on.

Slim said:
Yes. I almost got a chav on monday. HE was meandering in the road ,saw me coming and made no effort to shift out the way. So, i utilised the kickdown (into 1st) and got him on the arse with the wing miror. Then when i looked behing me, it looked like he was dancing in the road with his hand on his arse.

I was starting to think i was alone in doing this! LOL

Slim said:

Old Person = 10pts

Lmao found that a tad amusing!! :D

I gotta question, ive only been driving for about 2 months now, but ive had about 4 occasions where scallys are intentionally standing in my way as if they want to get ran over, it winds me up bad. maybe its the civic i dont know lol, I wouldnt know what to do if they stayed there, beeping isnt going to move them, if i get out to get one the others will most likely jump in and drive off, lol.
Anyone else get this?

lol guys, funny stuff there! :laugh:

lsi_dean, I get it quite a bit of the time. All as I do is keep my hand on the horn, and the little twats soon shift out of the way. Fair enough they stick fingers up at me, but I just shove my arm out the window... and give as good as I get. :upside:

-Elliot

if the dont move at the sound of your horn, run into them. its simple. road's are for car's and people are for pavements.

This is a fundimental point - one that is always forgoten when someone gets run over in the road - especially kids, and the driver always gets blamed. IF they stayed on the pavement they'd be OK.

thanks for the feedback lol, some good points the scrotes round my way know that if you run them over they sue you, not only that as my car is the only one in the area they will probly smash the windows at night knowing my luck :(

Was driving locally the other day and spotted a pigeon in the road so i droped down a gear and put my foot down, bounced right off the windscreen with a thud... i was laughing all the way home! rats with wings!I know this isnt as good as hitting a chav but its all still relavant!

am i the only one that likes animals? lol everyone gets dead excited about ending there lives

i like animals too lsi dean :|

Fully agree with scally-roadkilling though :D

Attachments

• Image071.jpg
    Image071.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 161
  • Image091.jpg
    Image091.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 188
  • Image095.jpg
    Image095.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 205
RE: RE: I nearly ran someone over today.

Slim said:

Old Person = 10pts

I wouldn't expect anything less of you Slim!

good job lol!!!

Kev :)

lsi_dean said:
I gotta question, ive only been driving for about 2 months now, but ive had about 4 occasions where scallys are intentionally standing in my way as if they want to get ran over, it winds me up bad. maybe its the civic i dont know lol, I wouldnt know what to do if they stayed there, beeping isnt going to move them, if i get out to get one the others will most likely jump in and drive off, lol.
Anyone else get this?

so hit them? claim your foot slipped XD

was one standing at the end of my street looking at my car and was so not gonna get out the way so i swerved at her. she nearly sh*t a brick

pigeons just explode...wonder how i know...:p but cats just spasm :( but i think if u hit a dog ur legally meant to stop "aint sure" tho just something ive heard n dont ppl get outta your way when they hear a loud car coming down the road? even piss heads move outta the way for me :D me n my way too big air filter :p i do go "quite" close to them if they dont move though

lsi_dean said:
Anyone else get this?

worse crap happens is 2 keep a car "tool" with a hefty head with easy access near u n then if they try jump in ur car...well i dunno :) (remember to lock ur passenger doors so theres only 1 access door :p me has a 24" breaker bar :D) (disclaimer: i hold no responsibiltility for any actions any one takes based on my "creative post" :p)

if it wasnt so bad as attempted murder to run some one over or so much damage costs to my car i would just run them all over by now :) muhahah hehe

i heard off a friend that if you hit a dog you have to stop and report it but if you hit a cat you just have to put it in the gutter!

Back