Finally Ran Her Dry

CMF_Jezza

» CMF Member
Wanted to test to see if my fuel light comes on, have chicken'd out in the past. This time armed with a jerrycan i ran her dry. The light didn't come on but i did 321kms from half a tank and that was driving around melbourne no long trips!!!!! This car never fails to amaze me.

p.s from the time it went into the red till it finally ran out i did 121kms....bloody unreal

p.s.s anyone got any ideas on that fuel light....i'm thinking maybe globe....not sure

bye

cisco

» CMF Member
Yeah most likely the bulb if the gauge is working fine..

Cool!

CMF_Toma

» CMF Member
I got 500km out of the tank when the fuel light came on... i then went to work, which is a 50km journey!!! So at 550km i freaked out and filled her up :(

One day ill build up the courage to get the 600km mark!

Attachments

• 17886.jpg
    17886.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 29

CMF_chilidawg

» CMF Member
Jezza WROTE:

"Wanted to test to see if my fuel light comes on, have chicken'd out in the past. This time armed with a jerrycan i ran her dry. The light didn't come on but i did 321kms from half a tank and that was driving around melbourne no long trips!!!!! This car never fails to amaze me.<BR><BR>p.s from the time it went into the red till it finally ran out i did 121kms....bloody unreal<BR><BR>p.s.s anyone got any ideas on that fuel light....i'm thinking maybe globe....not sure<BR><BR>bye

sorry for digging up an old post, was just reading thru cuz i'm quite new here. anyway, i think i got an fc problem.

is there a major difference in fc between the 1.0 n 1.3? cuz i'm getting NO MORE than 450km on 40litres with my 1.0 :(

i dun launch THAT much n i shift at around 2krpm for 1st n 2nd n 2.7-3k for 3rd onwards.

granted, my travel is more start/stop cuz this country is a city in itself. but 11-12km/L is not funny.

CMF_lam.666

» CMF Member
might be time for a service...

it amazes me that people here can get nearly 500ks to a tank, i get 300kms out of 25 litres, better than the last car though

it appears that i have a small tank, as when i fill up the last line above the red zone only fits in a little over 20 litres

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
lam.666 WROTE:

"
it appears that i have a small tank, as when i fill up the last line above the red zone only fits in a little over 20 litres

I doubt you have a small tank - more likely you fuel guage isnt telling the truth. :)

Brendon WROTE:

"when i had my micra i was lucky to get 450km out of my tank.

Yeh but how were you driving? :p

CMF_Snoopy

» CMF Member
chilidawg WROTE:

<BR><BR>sorry for digging up an old post, was just reading thru cuz i'm quite new here. anyway, i think i got an fc problem. <BR><BR>is there a major difference in fc between the 1.0 n 1.3? cuz i'm getting NO MORE than 450km on 40litres with my 1.0 :(<BR><BR>i dun launch THAT much n i shift at around 2krpm for 1st n 2nd n 2.7-3k for 3rd onwards. <BR><BR>granted, my travel is more start/stop cuz this country is a city in itself. but 11-12km/L is not funny.

I used to average about 6-7l/100kms but most of my driving is highway.
Even around town it doesn't go up more than a litre per 100kms

CMF_chilidawg

» CMF Member
seeing as i've just serviced it a couple wks ago n my consumption is no more than 12km/l, i've deduced that there's a turbo hiding somewhere under my hood :D

but jokes aside, sometimes i feel a sudden boost in power, especially when i maintain constant normal pressure on the throttle n the aircon's on.

anyone experienced anything similar before?

CMF_Snoopy

» CMF Member
chilidawg WROTE:

"seeing as i've just serviced it a couple wks ago n my consumption is no more than 12km/l, i've deduced that there's a turbo hiding somewhere under my hood :D<BR><BR>but jokes aside, sometimes i feel a sudden boost in power, especially when i maintain constant normal pressure on the throttle n the aircon's on. <BR><BR>anyone experienced anything similar before?

You will probly find its just the a/c clutch switching in & out (it does this to maintain temp). As it switched out, the load is removed from the engine. Used to notice it abit on my micra when it still had a/c (for about the 2 weeks it stayed in the car :p)

aaron WROTE:

"see how that changes now snoopy :)<BR><BR>the best I've gotten from my full-ecu turbo micra is 7.5lt/100km

Be interesting to see what figures I get. This is the first full week of driving after the tune, so it should return good figures. Provided that the boost guage spends for time in vac than boost, im trying honestly ;) Will let you know.

CMF_sojah

» CMF Member
i put in £20.00 of petrol in my 1.3 super s and i get 200 miles and it has gone past the red with a bright orange light that's saying fuel needed. im gonna go for it one of these days and see how far i can really go before the tank runs dry, i totally agree that these little cars are one of a kind. very reliable, easy to manouver and they definiately hold their own against many small cars in england, lol

CMF_chilidawg

» CMF Member
thx snoopy, for shedding light on that a/c power loss i'm so very unfortunately feeling. i originally thot it was a pwr problem, n that a volt stabilizer would solve the fluctuations in pwr.

any way to counter this besides removing the a/c itself?

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
Turn the AC off. :)

If it still doesnt come good when you turn the AC off I'd hazard there's a posibility of a throttlebody AFM issue.

Rough acceleration, sketchy fuel economy.. Its all the right signs!

CMF_chilidawg

» CMF Member
i wanna get a piggyback or standalone eventually, but after everything's nicely done up of course - intake/exhaust, big bore, etc.

but i dun think afm's the #1 problem here, mainly cuz it runs ok with the a/c off. i've outrun my colleagues' 1.6esi n 2.4camry - they were autos of course :p

haven't got to the TB re-soldering yet tho, cuz i DO have jittery idle rpm. n a volt-stab's high on my list cuz every little switch/button causes a surge.

its a helluva hoot seeing/hearing/feeling my rpm dance to my blinker... honest it is!

Back