I have a 'new' car, finally!

Retepetsir

King of Subsonic
Unfortunately the radiator split on the way home, common problem though :doh:.

So until I've got a new radiator and given the car a full service, it's not going anywhere :down:.

Once its running I'll be visiting Ed to get it setup.

It needs a good clean (inside and out) and polish but I'll only get that done once its running again.

PulsarGTiR-First.jpg

Still running the 1.3 SR for now. :grinning:

That's beautiful, and i love the colour too! Glad you finally got a toy to play with

It's not so pretty when looking up close, quite a few things need to be given some attention but I'll be doing that over the next few months.

It's currently running in safe mode as the DET sensor is faulty, so it's overfueling as well. New radiator should be fitted this weekend and then I can sort out the DET sensor problem (pain to get to). I also need to get the rear arches sorted by a local bodyshop as they're not pretty.

Add a few missing bits back to the interior then give it a good clean.

Fingers crossed no further damage has been done by the radiator failure!

Which bodyshop are you taking it to mate? I'm looking to have some work done on the V and i know you're local..

Also, how much was the car (if you dont mind me asking), and have you got a spec list?

Which bodyshop are you taking it to mate? I'm looking to have some work done on the V and i know you're local..

Also, how much was the car (if you dont mind me asking), and have you got a spec list?

I need to look up a bodyshop to do the work, as it'll need respraying on the arches once sorted. I hope it's not impossible to do! So will be ringing round soon :).

It had an MOT the day before I picked the car up, typical. Surprised it passed the emissions test when overfueling.

The price of Pulsar's varies so much, I was looking at them ranging from under £1.5k to £3k+.

It needs the bodywork sorting but its got forged internals (Ed recommended getting one with them if possible as it'll be worth it in the long run), steel head gasket, Willwood 4 pot calipers and 325mm discs, 17" BK racing alloys, Apexi induction kit, rebuilt hybrid stage 1 T28 turbo, exedy organic clutch, HKS SSQV dump valve, Walbro 255 fuel pump, Mongoose exhaust system, custom FMIC, Greddy Profec Spec A Boost Controller (haven't even touched this yet, will check it out when possible and see if I can set it up when its mapped), Greddy overtake switch/button (high boost), strut brace, lowered 40mm all round, heated front seats and front mirrors (rare optional extra).

Think that's it off the top of my head! I was told it was an 'estimated 320bhp' but I'm not taking anything for granted until the issues are sorted and its running properly. It was nice enough when I drove it home so will be very nice once its mapped!

I have a replacement radiator, some nice oil, etc on the way so hopefully that lot will arrive before the weekend. I have a feeling its going to get expensive!

Sounds like a nice shopping list there.. Have you got any receipts to show it's got forged internals & walbro pump? etc. Obviously you cant visibly see these things when you're looking it over.

Sounds like a nice shopping list there.. Have you got any receipts to show it's got forged internals & walbro pump? etc. Obviously you cant visibly see these things when you're looking it over.

Yes I do have the receipts, some very expensive bills!

I agree though, its tricky to tell if the internals are actually forged unless its taken completely apart. However, everything else external that was included in the advert is present, so with that and the receipts I would like to think that the pistons and bottom end are forged.

The only thing I havent got a receipt for is the Walbro pump.

Nice, you should have bought mine though! :p

Just had the replacement Gearbox and manifold fitted and then I'm putting it 'properly' up for sale lol!

I didn't realise yours was still for sale Kev, haha!

More expensive than this though, although probably more reliable.

Yeah it's been up for sale for a while, but only listed here as I've been waiting to get the gearbox fixed before really advertising it elsewhere.

I hope you can get it up and running reliably without it costing you too much, they do have a reputation for spending your well earned cash lol!

I'm looking at getting either a UK spec IS200 or the Jap version with the beams engine in, the Altezza and I'm considering a Seat Leon Cupra R, but I do want a larger car now.

Kev

I really like the Altezza, pretty rapid too.

I hope I can get it running reliably too, it wasnt a good start. The plan is to get Ed to map it and set it up for me :)

I'll post some more when its cleaned up.

Was expecting all 4 parcels to arrive yesterday but 1 didn't, and that's the one I need, the blooming radiator!

Frustrating :(

nice car, loving the colour as well, looks the same as the nme micra mike used to own. Is it a ford colour?

I'm sure Ed will get it purring nicely

It's gonna be fast thats for sure, lots of potential with these

Not 100% sure on the colour to be honest, I've got no invoice for the respray.

The replacement radiator has now arrived so I'll be fitting it this weekend to hopefully get the engine going. Will possibly attempt the DET sensor too and then it's remap time!

hey peter are you selling any of the micra parts as ill have that induction kit off it just get back to me if you are and wot price you can do it for including postage and packaging to da5 3ll

look forward to hearing from you

dan

hey peter are you selling any of the micra parts as ill have that induction kit off it just get back to me if you are and wot price you can do it for including postage and packaging to da5 3ll

look forward to hearing from you

dan

I probably will be selling bit yep, will let you know when I eventually strip it.

I need the Pulsar running properly first!

cool just let me know when you do and when you have a price and ill deffo take it off your hands

nice find by the way looks mint bet it shifts

thanks
dan

Fitted the new radiator yesterday so the Pulsar is back up a running! Going to service it today and hopefully sort out the DET sensor issue, then I'll be happy for it to be remapped :)

Hope it get's fixed soon mate, hope you can sell the micra as a whole rather than strip it.

Well the planned oil and filter change took a lot longer than I'd have hoped. Hulk must have installed the last filter as it was ridiculously tight. Ended up having to buy an oil filter removal strap from Hellfrauds! Nice new oil and filter now though :).

Ran out of time to switch the spark plugs but the old ones didnt seem that bad.

It doesn't seem to idle too smoothly though so something is up, I'm just not sure what. When I'm a little happier with it I'll book it in with Ed, but I don't want to do more damage by driving it 50 miles.

Full service done and radiator changed. However, looks like the transfer box has blown (argh!) so I'm going to get it transported to Ed's to be sorted and mapped. :)

It finally went to Ed at Fusion Motorsport today so hopefully he can work his magic and get it up and running again, followed by a dyno session :)

I'm not 100% sure on that yet as it needs a few things sorted including some bodywork. Will need to see if I can get the time off too!

Ed found the source of my problem.......no oil in the transfer box at all :suspect:. Looks like whoever did the clutch change forgot to fill up the transfer box with oil :doh:.

Back