i hate rust!!

daveeeeee

Ex. Club Member
now my k10 isnt too bad on rust considering. but there has always been abit of rust in the usual places, so a bit round the wheel arches that i've sorted and some on the sills by the rear wheel arches, now when checking the car over for mot i thought that i'd better check the sills just incase not thinking that the rust was bad enough to cause concern, so i had a look and i was gob smacked! the sill has rotted through leaving a hole on both sides! i cant belive how quickly its rotted! gah more money!

oh man

yah, mine are jiggered on tunderbird one...Ive got it booked in today for a new cill to be welded onto the drivers' side today

worse still my fuel tank is far from perfect too....so I'm checking my wallet.

hopefully after the work I will have an MOT pass

I HATE rust too>

my plan is to get this one passed MOT so that I can use it this year...and in the meantime thunderbird two (ems' old datsun micra) will be getting a fairly major restoration since there is hardly any rust on that one....then I might have to say fairwell to my baby and move into th edatsun prmenantly:(

dude, get it fixed...

i popped in to my local superhero-filled garage this evening to stick my nose in on progress of teh cill replacement.

Amaising: the guy had trouble sourcing a K10 cill from his usual chamnnels and was left with his least favourite supplier...in the end he decided to kick them into touch since their cills always stick out or have some kind of overlap that he has to remedy anyways!!!

In the end he fabricated one from sheets of metal...its on,,,and its looking amaising to me!!

fingers crossed the bill wont be £800

took it in today, bloke had a look and said he'll weld both the sills and paint them for £95 bargin!!! chuffed

when the sills on my k11 were done i am sure they used 1/4" thick sheet steel as its REALY thick and has a nice *donk!* to it when yoo smack it.

other than that every other panel is rust free...

kurust my friends that and waxoil

Back