mt nissan lost everything whilst i was driving help

hi,

i noticed two weeks ago that when i press the unlock button on the key only the drivers side door unlocked, i had to press the button twice to have all doors unlocked. Today I started the car up to drive to work, i press the lock button near the hand brake and the radio went off, i unlocked the lock near that hand brake and the radio came back online ok, but then i saw the abs light come on almost immediately the car shut down and i was coasting into the next road, fortunately i stopped but lost all power. So now the car wont start, no electrics work apart from the side lights, the full lights dont even come on. all the doors are locked except the drivers side and i tried locking it with the central locking on the key and all i could see on the speedometer was those two green lights that momentarily switch on when the car is locked by the key but the car was not locked on the drivers side.

what do you think it could be? i hate these new micras, mine in a 1.2 03 plate.

Have you checked the earth connection on your battery?

If it has come loose momentarily it may have reset the imobiliser.

I did check the battery connections, it seemed fine to me. I have a neighbour who also has his own garage I asked him to look at it, he did say he went and looked at the car earlier on and it did not start so I assume it has nothing to do with the battery.

as it is parked on the next road from where I live he did say he will retrive it to park in his garage. so it could be something else.

this is a problem we came across on a few micras k12s wierd it works fine then for no reason nothing!! we tried changing the battery worked on a few micras but it may have just been lucky coincidence as it didnt always work and we ended up send to the dealers! who would then return them saing theyre fine nothing wrong and theyd never fail on us again

do the obvious checks first though such as fuses, may just have shorted out a fuse

okay an update, the car mechanic could not find a fault so he assumed it must be an electrical on. He sent the car over to an electrical car mechanic who happened to find a burnt out wire which connects to the fuse box, he resoldered it and everything works perfectly although my central locking is still playing up. I still have to press the unlock button twice for it to fully unlock all doors.

anyhow, the job cost me 120 quid.

Back