Confession time. I am a Micra abusor....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have looked on here for some time. I feel it is time to repent and ask for forgiveness and help.
I abuse Nissan Micra's. A rare one, and 'classic' too I believe.
It all started innocently.

I left working for a huge surf company to set up my own - ethical, eco-surf company. With surfboards, bamboo fins, y'know - save the earth stuff. By Datsun 260z with tripples does about 13 mpg. So, to go along with the eco-ness and save the earth stuff, I looked for a small car. I didnt want diesel as it is very dirty, no, low carbon high mpg.

Then I came up with the idea - why not recycle a car? Keep on the road with recycled parts. So I searched and found, a D reg, 1985 Nissan Micra. It was an auto too - so I didnt have to change gear with surfboards in it.
Poor thing had been stood for just under 2 years. "If you can get it to start - you can have it' the guy said. So - jump leads, it started first time!

Ran like a dream. Took it for an MOT. It passed. I ran all over the country in the thing. All year. I didn't break down once. Took it for its next MOT. It passed. Drove all over the country again, delivering boards. Drove it to france, then spain.... then to Morocco. Through desert. It didn't break down. Slept in it.
One day, desperate to get in the waves I left it in Neurtal, rather than park. It rolled down a hill, through a hedge, down a large bank and onto the beach.
A tractor towed it out. It started fine.
I crammed 7 people in it, and raced across a beach to a secret surf spot. Through salty sea.
I never spent a penny on it - just MOT certificates.
To date it has 233,000 miles on it. When it came up for its MOT, I guessed it would be an expensive one, as I had got away with so many. I left it in a field, by my shaping hut. For a year. Right next to the sea.
In the floods, the sea came in under the doors.

Last week, I got jump leads on it. It started first time. So I took it for its MOT..... Needed number plates and a back box!! And Passed. AGAIN!!

What the hell are these cars made from?? I have driven into hedges, through hedges, through the sea, through a desert. Pushed it for hundreds of thousands of miles. I have never cleaned it, not like my Z or Fiat Coupe.
I have abused this car - and I am sorry.

I say this, cos I got out of the sea this morning and It was gone. Just a dry patch where it had been. Only then did I realise how much I love the little, red, sun faded thing. Stolen! Someone was in MY car. MY MICRA!!!

I called the police and, it turns out it wasn't stolen. No, I had left it in Neutral again. This time it rolled down a bigger hill, through a gate, over a garden, killed a Santa display, fountain and shed. The police towed it to a compound.

I expected to see it trashed, bent and buckled. But there it was, like the terminator car, just a bit scratched and no panel damage.

I love my Micra. It is a stupidly good car.:k11motors

wow :eek:, i thought my micra,s had taken some punishment, but thats some serious abuse, i take my hat off to you :cool:

ace! that K10 micra is a TROOPER!

did you gett it back from the compound?

have you got any photos..please post some up :)

we are all jellous

Rich

Yeah - I am goona post up some pics!
Thing is - I have done less than 5K miles in 6 years in My Fiat Coop 20vt. It is in show condition. I am going to overhaul the micra too - she deserves it. Brown interior n all.
Let you into a secret - I have had the seats re uphulstered. I plan to get it to as near to new as I can. Be cool I think!

In Plymouth dude. The car wont be in show condition when done - but will look like a newish one! Seats are retrimmed in original brown tartan stuff. Going to give it a full mop over. I have sold my Datsun 260z and kept the Fiat Coop and the Micra LOL!!! People think I am nuts, but the Micra has earned a place on the drive!

Thats so cool. You can probably understand why the K10 Micra (my first one) was the birth of this club!!! BTW I would say do a cam belt change if you have never done so already hahaha...

hi people, no mods to my basic micra yet, but looking to make it into a fire breathing type r eater, anyone know if a lump out a 350 z will fit in

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back