hurricane header/extractor

CMF_makes

» CMF Member
Hi Legend,

Hurricane extractors are made by Liverpool exhaust in Sydney. www.liverpoolexhaust.com.au. They cost around A$450-500. They are good but would be extremely expensive to send to europe....

"Janspeed" and "maniflow" in Britain make extactors for the Micra and are probably more easily obtained in the Netherlands.
www.maniflow.co.uk, www.janspeed.com

Otherwise it's probably best to arrange an exhaust place in your town to custom make a set for you.

CMF_Pyro

» CMF Member
Are there any members that have the hurricanes on in combination with a high flow cat? I'm thinking about going for this setup but want to know a couple of things before doing so, how much noise will a setup like this produce, and what about emissions?

CMF_Pyro

» CMF Member
Oh wait, we already had email contact about that. In a month or two I will get back on that. So is anyone here familiar with the hurricane / high flow cat setup? Or other N/A setups that use these extractors?

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
pyro

i think the janspeed,s will only pass emissions if you get the cat hot enough to work properly (heatwrap may help), and i found that they give a horrible rasp in the engine bay, because they use piss-thin steel (mine rusted away within 6yrs).
and imo the 2nd cat is not restrictive, but the flat plate and exit hole (after the cat) ,IS

frank

CMF_Pyro

» CMF Member
Hi Frank, I've heard that rasp about the Janspeed extractors many times before, therefor I'm after a hurricane one. I was just wondering what that one in combination with a high flow cat would produce emission wise.

off_topic: did you receive the email I send you about the almera airfilter?

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
hi pyro

our guy,s tend to get a 50% pass rate, if you rag the car before the test and the tester holds it at the higher range (3000rpm), you should be ok.
and i registered on here with my daughter,s addy, i,m afraid, so no, mine,s f__l@........

frank

Back