Hurricane extractors

CMF_RBLUV

» CMF Member
For $ 300 I'd be having a crack myself, I'm sure someone on here would be willing to post a guide? you got any mechanically minded friends who could help out?

CMF_Mimz

» CMF Member
Are those direct bolt in to factory piping? if so ill take it home and do it myself...only a handfull of bolts to undo thats it..
$300 could get u a full exhaust system.

CMF_Greo

» CMF Member
Shouldn't be too hard.
Unbolt old heat shield and extractors possibly 1st cat(depending on size of extractors)?
Unscrew the sensor on the old exhaust and attact to the new one. .
Then just refitt?

CMF_FairladyZ

» CMF Member
Hmm, The chick at Liverpool exhaust told me i have to cut the pipe around the flex joint and weld in a flange...

i might do some more investigating, it would be sweet if it just bolted straight to the cat, but i doubt it....

Adam

CMF_Mimz

» CMF Member
Greo WROTE:

"Shouldn't be too hard.

Unbolt old heat shield and extractors possibly 1st cat(depending on size of extractors)?

Unscrew the sensor on the old exhaust and attact to the new one. .

Then just refitt?

Thats pretty much it..$300 for doing that tell them to stuff it.
Be warn tho..use plenty of wd40 on those bolts

CMF_Mimz

» CMF Member
FairladyZ WROTE:

"Hmm, The chick at Liverpool exhaust told me i have to cut the pipe around the flex joint and weld in a flange...

i might do some more investigating, it would be sweet if it just bolted straight to the cat, but i doubt it....

Adam

Even so at $300 to weld a flange on i dont see those guys having any future in the business

CMF_Rudy

» CMF Member
the hurricanes wont go all the way back to the 2nd cat, you need to have another section made to go around sway bar incorparating a flexy joint, if I was doing this again I would use the same diameter as the end of the headers not 2" (it still rattles on swaybar sometime) I also had to put the grinder through the manifold and seperate each extractor as it would not bolt straight on

Attachments

• 69490.jpg
    69490.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 25

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
Rudy WROTE:

"the hurricanes wont go all the way back to the 2nd cat, you need to have another section made to go around sway bar incorparating a flexy joint, if I was doing this again I would use the same diameter as the end of the headers not 2" (it still rattles on swaybar sometime)

this rubber insert lifted the back of my engine a treat rudy (and limits movement too)
it would probably increase the clearance of your downpipe and swaybar another 10mm :)

Attachments

• 69509.jpg
    69509.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 10

CMF_Rudy

» CMF Member
frank2 WROTE:

"Rudy WROTE:

"the hurricanes wont go all the way back to the 2nd cat, you need to have another section made to go around sway bar incorparating a flexy joint, if I was doing this again I would use the same diameter as the end of the headers not 2" (it still rattles on swaybar sometime) "</div>

this rubber insert lifted the back of my engine a treat rudy (and limits movement too)

it would probably increase the clearance of your downpipe and swaybar another 10mm :)

already took good notice of that frank from your thread thanks mate, will fit my new gearbox mount that I aquired off NSM in the next few days, hav a feeling that might fix it or then go from there

CMF_Rudy

» CMF Member
If I were u mate id keep the hurricanes and then save up for the rest of the system in 40mm and then whack on a pod filter. I wish u had hung around a bit longer the other night down at harry's, it would hav been nice to meet you

or betta still use mums mastercard

CMF_FairladyZ

» CMF Member
Rudy WROTE:

"If I were u mate id keep the hurricanes and then save up for the rest of the system in 40mm and then whack on a pod filter. I wish u had hung around a bit longer the other night down at harry's, it would hav been nice to meet you

or betta still use mums mastercard

Yeah no worries man, there's always next time and hopefully it'll include a spirited drive ;)

I am unsure on the headers at the moment... Decision, Decisions :p

Adam

Back