Hurricane 4-2-1 extractors ?

CMF_route

» CMF Member
it is definately possible.
all the k11 here in my country comes with aircon and getting a 4-2-1 extractor is as easy as shopping for groceries.

CMF_micra-man

» CMF Member
Why bother with the cost of alternator bracket?

The extractors modded to fit cars with A/C will do the job. Sure you may have to move the alternator & AC compressor out of the way to fit the extractors, but once the extractors are on you don't really need to move things again.

After all Tom, it's a street going car not a race car where every 1/10 of a KW counts :)

CMF_micra-man

» CMF Member
Yep, mine has A/C. However my extractors are ceramic coated!

The gap between Alternator & extractor pipe #1 is not much, 5mm I guess at the moment.

But since fitting the extractors to the car it has sat in Sydney peak hour traffic quite a few times and there is no sign of the plastic melting or being heat damaged.

So you may well be spending money that you do not need to spend.

I don't think anyone else has had issues with the plastic cover on the alternator becoming heat damaged.

Has anyone with A/C and extractors fitted seen heat damage to the plastic cover on the alternator?

As you are no doubt aware, some plastics are designed and capable of taking quite a lot of heat.

Attachments

• 13011.jpg
    13011.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 42

cisco

» CMF Member
Yom, you're waffling again.

Extractors are 100% fine going *near* the alternator.

Noone has any problems with it.

CMF_White Knight

» CMF Member
Yep extractors very close to alternator no problem. Hack runs A/C, extractors and its all very close down there. Plastic on alternator fine.
So is plastic bit on top of dipstick. Mine just about touches the extractors and no problems.

CMF_makes

» CMF Member
Hi Toma,

Hurricane extractors are made by Liverpool exhaust in Sydney(www.liverpoolexhaust.com.au). I believe they cost around $400-450 + freight. There seems to be a big custom car scene in Perth, so I am sure you will be able to find a local Exhaust place that could make you something similar.

Sorry "smiley" I don't know where you could buy extactors from in Germany... www.maniflow.co.uk & www.janspeed.com may have dealers in your country or would post direct to you ?.

Back