Hullo!!

keyring

Pikey motorsport
Hey guys :)
Thought i'd sign up here since all the information i need for the micra seems to be on here haha.
I'm 17, passed my test 2 weeks ago. I have a 1971 Hillman Imp, which i got last October which i planned to have as my first car, but due to the welder ####ing me over, that's not happened, so i needed to get a run about that i can have fun with... That's where the Micra came in.

One of my pals has one, so after him recommending them, the hunt for one was one, after looking for a week or so i found one in the Borders(i'm from just outside Livingston), so a trip down on the Wednesday night to check it over, meant i left after leaving a deposit and then picked it up last Saturday.

Got a few ideas going around in my head for it just now, the pictures show it how it stands at the moment(wheels are only temporary until i find a set of wheels that i like, the bump strips have also been removed but not got a photo of that yet.

Think that's every thing,
Cheers,

Ciaran

I know i had forgot something:blush:

The Imp:
304920_281508925197649_100000156327385_1354796_7601045_n.jpg

And the Micra:

87362512.jpg

87362549.jpg

87362626.jpg

87362590.jpg

87362601.jpg

87362571.jpg

87362605.jpg

With the temporary wheels(for a bit of fun):

296422_292401947441680_100000156327385_1403330_898310053_n.jpg

can i have the imp?

A few weeks ago when i seen the standard of the work that had been done i probably would of said yes!

imp looks tatty but clean mate well done! how much work does it need?

Cheers bud, that's it just back from being welded hence the panel colours and the filler. It's completely solid now, although as i've said the quality of the work was complete bull, just need to get any flakey paint/surface rust rubbed off, primered etc. Will be getting painted aswell. Then the engine needs to go back in, service that, replace the brake cylinders and shoes, interior back in, replace door and window seals. That's of the top of my head, no doubt double the work will come up as a i start haha

Cool! I grew up in Livingston!

Is that mileage genuine? Practically a new car! LOL!

Ditch the Imp and spend the cash on the K11!
I've driven Imps before, from rough to full race and they are rubbish! Why spend ages welding it back up and sorting something that was never that good anyway? Bad design with the (badly designed, under developed) engine in the wrong end.:laugh:

Your K11 is nicer to drive, more reliable, a future classic and on the road now.

is it a restoration or are you doing something special to it?

Restoration, with a few special bits and pieces ;)

Cool! I grew up in Livingston!

Is that mileage genuine? Practically a new car! LOL!

Ditch the Imp and spend the cash on the K11!
I've driven Imps before, from rough to full race and they are rubbish! Why spend ages welding it back up and sorting something that was never that good anyway? Bad design with the (badly designed, under developed) engine in the wrong end.:laugh:

Your K11 is nicer to drive, more reliable, a future classic and on the road now.

Seems to be genuine mate, last MOT certificate backs it up, along with the owner before the one i bought it from supposedly being an elderly person...
Imp's my bit of fun and learning curve, would of been an awesome first car, if the welder hadn't ####ed up!:rolleyes: , so shall keep that going and have it finished for next year for the show season, which means i need to get someone drive either the Imp or the Micra so they can both go haha, we shall see
Cheers

:laugh:

Best of luck! Does the Imp have the finger pump type windscreen washers? They always make me laugh! My Mini has them.
If you need to do the kingpins, Livingston Autoparts (01506 433909) used to keep them in stock! (Ask for Bill)

:laugh:

Best of luck! Does the Imp have the finger pump type windscreen washers? They always make me laugh! My Mini has them.
If you need to do the kingpins, Livingston Autoparts (01506 433909) used to keep them in stock! (Ask for Bill)

It does indeed! :laugh:
Cheers for that, never knew they had parts for the Imp, my pal Jay works there :)

They are a nightmare to fit, you need to have them machined to fit. JEM engines near Falkirk can do it.

Bill, the owner of Livingston autoparts told me a story about old parts.
They were moving from their shop at the centre to a unit in Knightsridge. They had a big pallet of obselete stuff they were going to dump.

Then they found out a place in Glasgow that bought up old stock. Cant remember their name though!

They sold the pallet and a van full of exhausts for really old stuff to the guy in Glasgow for £20. A few days later a guy came in looking for a front pipe for a MK1 transit V4. After raking about for a bit Bill remembered there had been one on the pallet the guy in Glasgow bought. He phoned him, the guy dug it out and said 'Yes Bill, ive got it here! Its yours for £20!' :laugh:

Back