Hsbc...

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
<rant>

I have a standing order setup each month to transfer money from my current account to my ISA, but as my ISA is now unexpectedly full, im unable to add any funds to that account.

The standing order goes ahead anyway, removes the money from my current account and doesnt credit my ISA - but the money hasnt been returned!!

And recently, my debit card got frozen from no fault of my own and had to spend ages getting that rectified.

Does anyone else have any problems with HSBC, and can recommend a decent bank who doesnt mess people around or cause unnecessary problems like this!

</rant>

Hsbc have always bent over backwards for me, never had any problems. On the otherhand i've found natwest to be useless and Barclays to trip up now and again.

Mike

Mike, i agree, most of my finances are through hsbc, i always get an appointement to see an advisor in the bank when i need one, never had any problems

Natwest are pants I was with them, now joined the world of internet banking

www.smile.co.uk

Never had any beef with them, they even gave me a £500 overdraft and £2000 credit card

Although thinking about it now maybe that was a bad idea :-/

Yeah HSBC bend over backwards for me - but usually when i go in and complain about something they've done! The standing order process is fully automated yet my money has vanished... thats just rubbish!

HSBC have looked after me since I was a kid, even when I worked for a bank I still used HSBC.

Not to be harsh though it's your responsibility yo keep an eye on your finances though, easy to check if your up to your limit on the ISA on internet or phone.

As for the money being missing, it's in limbo and will be returned to you, if you've gone in kicking and screaming then from personal experience they won't rush getting it sorted.
Just ring up or go in loads asking id been sorted, keep cool, explain you need cash so to extend or give a temporary overdraft and it'll be sorted.

Problems like this always get sorted but not as quick as customers demand, just can't happen unfortunatly.

Not to be harsh though it's your responsibility yo keep an eye on your finances though, easy to check if your up to your limit on the ISA on internet or phone.

I do check my finances daily & im not up to my limit, well below it infact. My ISA is a bit messed up due to another recent issue with HSBC, which involved my card not working and my main account getting frozen. They suggested i used money from my ISA to live on while my main account got looked into.

Ive since paid the money back to my ISA which i used, but instead of it being a direct replacement for the money they recommended i spent, they've added it to my yearly 3K limit causing it to be reached! If my original account hadnt got locked, for no fault of my own, i wouldnt be in this situation.

I dont go in there with all guns blazing either, i know the only way to get anywhere is a carm and decent approach.

Then it is something they need to deal with and it does seem complicated, have you spoke to an adviser or the counter staff? Counter staff can be distracted by que numbers or other duties, at least with an advisor you can have a 1-to-1 chat and have a name who's dealing with it.

I spoke to an advisor last time and he ended up getting three people in branch along with two people over the phone to help me out lol! Quite a complex issue, which this is a result of.. ah well. Il go back in an hour (lunch break)

Back