warning about paypal!.. cheeky f%%%ers

CMF_kristian...

» CMF Member
...Basically ive been stung in the arse by paypal!!

In order for you guys NOT to trip over the same thing, ill explain whats happened...

----------------------------------

Say for instance you want to send sombody 100 pounds over paypal, and you have nothing in your Actual paypal account! The money will be debited Directly from your bank account..

This is normal procedure..

Say for instance they DECLINE the funds... you would assume that the 100 pounds is still sitting in your bank account..

THIS IS NOT TRUE...!

What happens is, as soon as you try to send the monies. The funds leave your bank account. If they decline your funds..

It take 1/2 WEEKS!!!! for the funds to be returned to your account!!!

In my case Ive tried sending a few hundred pounds to sombody, theyve declined is as it was the wrong amount TWICE. So Ive resent the slightly different funds, and the total amount of ALL THREE transactions has been removed from my account. Im now having to wait at least a week for my funds to be returned!!!

This my be old news to some people but I wish sombody had told me..!!

YOUVE BEEN WARNED!

CMF_jaxx

» CMF Member
paypal is a joke!

they have sent me E-mails saying if i don't pay up they will refer me to a debt collection agency. threaten me again bitch!

sorry but this firm paypal is a seriouse waste of time. i sold some speakers in july, all was good untill 3, yes 3, months after when paypal sent me an Email sayin that the buyer had not authorised the transaction and yet i have so much evidence against him. anyway paypal leaned towards him and debitd me a few 100 so i now owe them, paypal.

please dont use them or if you do, get the extra insurance policies etc. i have spent a lot buying parts from AUS, USA, and UK via paypal, but this just really wound me up big time. my head is running around 3 bars of boost now lol. i will be introducing a solicitor to this...what you think.

also if you type in google something like paypal suck, is bad, crap, losers etc you will be amazed at how many sites are actually 100% dedicated to slating paypal, people want them off this earth.

CMF_evade

» CMF Member
ive used paypal, for accepting and giving payments and havent had any trouble with it.

but i never use it with debit accounts. always credit. if anything its just transferring money back into a debit account (money that i've gotten from selling something i mean)

CMF_jaxx

» CMF Member
recorded delivery, e-mails saying he has recived it. feedback on ebay saying all is well. fast delivery, will do buisness again etc...paypal dont want to know!

CMF_micragirl

» CMF Member
http://forums.ebay.com.au/search.jspa?q=paypal&objID=f18&dateRange=all&userID=&numResults=30

These are ebay forums where people discuss their good/bad experiences with Paypal. You might get some information from these threads regarding the logistics of Paypal.

I personally have had no problem using Paypal, but like Aaron I only ever use my credit card. I have heard that once a buyer gets his goods, he is then able to do a charge back, whereby Paypal will return his funds to him via a dispute notice. Doesn't sound fair to me.

Micragirl

Back