some VERY important info about paypal!

kristian

One Way Mule
...Basically ive been stung in the arse by paypal!!

In order for you guys NOT to trip over the same thing, ill explain whats happened...

----------------------------------

Say for instance you want to send sombody 100 pounds over paypal, and you have nothing in your Actual paypal account! The money will be debited Directly from your bank account..

This is normal procedure..

Say for instance they DECLINE the funds... you would assume that the 100 pounds is still sitting in your bank account..

THIS IS NOT TRUE...!

What happens is, as soon as you try to send the monies. The funds leave your bank account. If they decline your funds..

It take 1/2 WEEKS!!!! for the funds to be returned to your account!!!

In my case Ive tried sending a few hundred pounds to sombody, theyve declined is as it was the wrong amount TWICE. So Ive resent the slightly different funds, and the total amount of ALL THREE transactions has been removed from my account. Im now having to wait at least a week for my funds to be returned!!!

This my be old news to some people but I wish sombody had told me..!!

YOUVE BEEN WARNED!

RaptorRVL

Ex. Club Member
Ah yes, the joys of having a temporary account somewhere to where the funds are transferred to immediately (humz..). They could be making quite some cash just on that thing alone I guess.

R05_Micra

Ex. Club Member
i put £70 from paypal into my account, it was short a bit (not £70 and i payed the fee) and it took about 6-7 days!

V

varny12

I've never been comfortable using paypal a friend of mine uses it for her business and because its a business she has to waive certain protection rights under PPs t+c's dont think this affects personal accounts but it seems very unfair, anyone else heard of this?

wilsonian

Ex. Club Member
i was stung a few months back - bought some gear off another forum - paid via paypal and the items never showed up so a claimed with paypal who after 3 weeks (or summat like that) they replied saying they found in my favour but because the chap didn't have any funds they couldn't reclaim it - WHAT!?!? u have his bank details - take the money!!!

End of the day it was only £15 but it's still a poo situation to be in!

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
I use paypal for personal and business use and personally havent had any problems with it. Its a bit dodgey paypal ties up for account for a week or so if you dont have the funds, but the key here is to make sure you have the funds in your account before you make a purchase in the first place - if you use bank accounts as your source for payments instead of credit cards anyway.

Thread moved

Gurpreet

Ex. Club Member
Another PAYPAL nightmare... if you make a double payment by mistake it takes up to 3-4 weeks! Once I made a payment and there was no transaction complete blah blah screen so how was I to know that I had paid? I paid again! Then it showed the screen! Paypal took ages to verify this double payment and I had to approach the ebayer to convince them into returning the money. The ebayer at first was going to wait for a bank statement but I said it was urgent so they agreed to go to their bank! Then I got my money back. Moral of the story.. if you do not see any transaction complete screen then do not attempt to send payment again - ask PayPal instead if the money has been sent through.

nismo_k12

Ex. Club Member
Ive never had a problem with paypal. But if when sending your first payment the seller doesn't receive it you should check your bank first before sending another payment. I also use a seprate bank card for paypal which i drop money into every couple of weeks when i want to buy something on the net. So this means if i do have any problems in the future its not my main account.