How to know the rev limit?

No rev counter so no idea if im hurting the tiny engine, never given it that much stick, but i could be wrong. On motorway inclines it struggles if i slow for a truck to 60, it then takes an age in 5th to get back to 70. Is there a safe limiter built in the ecu, or what speeds can you do in each gear without blowing the old girl up:eek:

I read somewhere about the power band, not felt that yet, maybe i am going a bit to easy on the engine?

Mines 7200 i think and youll know if you're near it cause it starts to get pretty noisy past 6k. Power seems to drop off after about 6/6.2k anyway

Mine sounds nothing like that doesnt bounce hardly at all the revs just sort of stop and you feel the car not accelerating

the rev limiter unless already removed is the safe limit. obvioulsy bouncing it off the limiter isnt helping things but its there so you know when to stop giving it large

My 1.3 will do about 32 in 1st, 58 in 2nd, 88 in 3rd and 108 in 4th, I've not reached the top end of 5th and I'm sure the car won't :p my rev limit is at 6800rpm.

Get a rev counter installed, they're very easy to fit and it's much nicer knowing what your engine is doing all the time!

My 1.3 will do about 32 in 1st, 58 in 2nd, 88 in 3rd and 108 in 4th, I've not reached the top end of 5th and I'm sure the car won't :p my rev limit is at 6800rpm.

Get a rev counter installed, they're very easy to fit and it's much nicer knowing what your engine is doing all the time!

When you're pulling 100 in 3rd you realise your box is too long :p

will it really do that! maybe this is where im going wrong, im used to big petrol and deisel 4x4 with enough torque to pull houses, maybe i need to start reving this thing a bit more. I know it will never drive like my navara on a motorway, but i think it may have a bit more oomph than im giving it credit for if worked a bit harder. For such a long box it also drives very well in 5th at 40 mph most of the time....confusing:confused:

on my recent trackday my 1.3 box with 195/50/15 at 7100rpm limiter did 60 in 2nd and 85 in 3rd

at the last corner of oulton park i hit the limiter all the time

When mine was 1.0cc I found the rev limiter very annoying,you can feel there is more to be had & I was bouncing off it all the time.The limiter was removed,& when the donor 1.3cc turned up I whipped the 1.0 remorselessly to see what it could handle before it was replaced.It had done 85k,rattly timing chain & was removed from the car sounding the same as when I got it.Durable little engines,made to work...

Back