how to get rid squeeling noise from engine!

is it my fan belt?? how do i tighten it or lubricate it?? is it the belt you can see on da left hand side of the engine bay behind the headlight? My car is on an 06 plate and has done 28K miles, do you think it needs replacing or just a quick tighten or lubricate will do?

right for starters it doesnt have a fan belt the fan is electric. you are refering to the aux belt and it will need replaceing i work at a main dealers and it is always a belt it has to be very tight, there is no point in lubing it it will wear off. it take approx 20mins to change. do it from underneath it quicker and there is more room. where are you based if you local you could bring it to me

no im not local.. ahh auxilatary belt. part of alternator? how much is it to get it changed at main dealer? is it neccessary to get it changed asap??

Thanks for your help matt. The noise has actually gone now for some reason haha. but i will definitly get it booked in straight away if the noise comes back anytime soon. thanks again mate.

Back