How to fit my parcel shelf speakers

Just won a new parcel shelf off ebay (cuz mine got nicked) and they have got speakers in them already. I looked in the back right hand side of my boot and found the speaker connector thing just wanted to know where do I get the thing that plugs into it? I know I will obviously have to connect the other end of it to each speaker but that shouldn't be a problem as I done my front ones.

is it the standard speaker connector you found? if so chop that off, get some speaker wire and connect it to cut wire from connector then connect to the speaker

ok yeah good idea i thought you could just find the connector to plug straight in there. I will do what you said most likely. (i'll have a better look today)

ok welll this is the connector already in the boot:

If I cut it off I don't see how I will attach the speaker wire as speaker wire is two cables this has four:

yea 2 sets for each sepeaker one set will be for left the oher set will be for right hand side of the car so its just a case of working that out

lmao I should of thought of that just didn't want to mess it up! So i'll need some speaker wire and speaker terminals and some black tape thats about it right?

yep about that or you can find two connectors that will take 4 wires so its just like the standard one so you can take the shelf out if needed

I was just going to pull the connector off and black tape the wires to the speaker wires then get some speaker terminals and stick them on each one and done.

In halfords you can buy a replacement 2 speaker connector especially made for this, cost about £4 and you just need a crimper to do it :)

I don't understand what you mean soz i'm a bit of a noob with this, the front was straight forward as I just changed the old speakers over so I knew where everything went etc.

Hmm well you should have 4 wires coming into a little box in the right side of your boot.

2 of the wires are for one speaker and 2 are for the other.

You need to find out which 2 wires are wired in to the right speakers and which are wired into the left. Do this simply by using your headunit and telling it to put all the sound to the right.

Once you figure out which wires do what you should label them somehow, black tape on one set and red on another would be fine .

Then run a 2 core wire for each speaker from the speaker to the right side of your parcel shelf.

Now you need to connect the right speakers to the right hand one and the left to the left. (obviously lol)

If you are using the block like I said from halfords you need to attach the little crimps to each wire then fit them into the box accordingly.

I think that covers everything!

no you will have to cut the plug off and then use that that chipedwood showed you in its place do you have msn i will talk you through it mate

I did this today, up to now I had just planned it.

Yeah just cut the cables an solder to the speakers (unless you have the correct size crimps)

Then use the crimps that come with the connector box.

Just thought i'd let you guys know the speakers are fitted and working well. Thanks to everyone who helped me out especially jim bling.

Back