How to wire parcel shelf speakers to 4 prong connector?

Hi All, I've been given a parcel shelf that already has speakers on it from a friend that was scrapping his old micra. But the thing is that the speakers are aftermarket and not the original nissan ones. So it's not plug and play. I do have that 4 prong connector by the right side taillight but I just don't know how to wire my aftermarket speakers to that connector. Do I have to cut the connector and wire it like that?

I have pictures of the speakers and the connector

Any help is appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_4442.JPG
    IMG_4442.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 247
  • IMG_4443.JPG
    IMG_4443.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 220
  • IMG_4444.JPG
    IMG_4444.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 258
  • IMG_4445.JPG
    IMG_4445.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 191
  • IMG_4448.JPG
    IMG_4448.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 285
  • IMG_4446.JPG
    IMG_4446.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 226
  • IMG_4447.JPG
    IMG_4447.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 214
The 4 pin connector has 4 wires coming into it, right? (should be 2 red and 2 black)

Chop the 4 pin connector connector off and just crimp some spade connectors (can get these from screwfix etc) onto the ends of the 4 wires.

2 of the wires (red + and black -) will plug into one speaker and the other 2 (the other red + and other black -) into the other.

The 4 pin connector has 4 wires coming into it, right? (should be 2 red and 2 black)

Chop the 4 pin connector connector off and just crimp some spade connectors (can get these from screwfix etc) onto the ends of the 4 wires.

2 of the wires (red + and black -) will plug into one speaker and the other 2 (the other red + and other black -) into the other.

Awesome, thanks @Ihtisham Rauf. I have received a pic from another user who did this parcel shelf speaker wiring so I thought it might be useful for anyone looking on how to do this.

Attachments

• 58003936_10161666912720076_8461636351136104448_o.png
    58003936_10161666912720076_8461636351136104448_o.png
    531.2 KB · Views: 248
[/QUOTE]
Very useful, thanks, provided I’ve got the orientation right!

Finally got it to work, so simple just connecting up to the wires. Thanks for the help @Ihtisham Rauf. It sounds so much better now that there's now rears speakers.

All I need to do now is tuck the wires in and solder the wires for a solid connection

Attachments

• IMG_4606.JPG
    IMG_4606.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 204
  • IMG_4607.JPG
    IMG_4607.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 179

Finally got it to work, so simple just connecting up to the wires. Thanks for the help @Ihtisham Rauf. It sounds so much better now that there's now rears speakers.

All I need to do now is tuck the wires in and solder the wires for a solid connection
[/QUOTE]

Looks great man! What speakers are they? And would you say they are much better than the standard parcel shelf speakers?

Looks great man! What speakers are they? And would you say they are much better than the standard parcel shelf speakers?
[/QUOTE]

Thanks @Ihtisham Rauf, all I know is that they are 6x9 speakers but I'll have a look and see what make and model they are as I really don't know. I got the whole parcel shelf speakers for free from a friend as he was going to scrap his car.

Also, I don't know if they are any better than the standard parcel shelf speakers as I have never had one. But what I can say, it's much better to have rear speakers combined with the front speakers rather than just having the front speakers, which is what I had before.

[/QUOTE]

Hi @Ihtisham Rauf the speakers are
Nikkai L23AT 6x9's