how do you put rear speakers in parcel shelf

i want to put some rear speakers in my car but my parcel shelf is just that thin plastic so i want to know if you can put them in that n how to do it

Use mdf spacers around the speakers, to brace the shelf, if you must use your shelf. Otherwise an mdf shelf is a better option.

Arnold said:
But they'd probably sound alot better if the shelf was reinforced, thick MDF.

probably would but with a headunit that kicks out a massive 15watts its not loud anyway plus i cut the holes to big on the shelf

i put them on my original selve an they work fine but gona make a mdf 1. if u go on 2 maxpower web site ull find the workz thes a step by step thing on there.

hope this helps

6x9's.......:(

If you were putting any speakers in the rear at all I would go for in the rear door cards......putting them in the parcel shelf will just be a waste of time if you ever plan to get a sub........

Something like this:

2236866_76_full.jpg

Putting them in the PS would mean you needed to rip them out, wouldn't you rather install something you can always keep? Maybe here is something you could also consider?

g357.jpg

If you aren't getting a sub, fair do's, ignore the above :D.......just make some MDF supports if you can't stretch to a new MDF parcel shelf just yet :)

Good luck and post some pics when you're finished!

Sorry for rambling and sounding like a miserable old man...

lewis said:
6x9's.......:(

If you were putting any speakers in the rear at all I would go for in the rear door cards......putting them in the parcel shelf will just be a waste of time if you ever plan to get a sub........!

I really dont know why people continue to say this!? I absolutly love my system which does consist of 6x9's, and im sure they'd be even better if they werent sharing the same airspace as the sub, but they sound great! Its like the subs do a certain frequency of bass and the 6x9's are there as a backup, kicking out sounds the sub cant do etc (hopefully that makes sense). The combination of them both is great - and i've had nothing but positive comments about it at Japshow and other events!

The problem you have with 6*9's is the same as you have with a coaxial speaker. Where the tweeter gets pushed around by the air movement of the other cone causing more distortion. However, with the bigger surface area of a 6*9 is that you get a bigger affect. However, the main problem is when they're in the same airspace as the sub. And the cones just get pushed around by the sub.

Arnold said:
I really dont know why people continue to say this!? I absolutly love my system which does consist of 6x9's, and im sure they'd be even better if they werent sharing the same airspace as the sub, but they sound great! Its like the subs do a certain frequency of bass and the 6x9's are there as a backup, kicking out sounds the sub cant do etc (hopefully that makes sense). The combination of them both is great - and i've had nothing but positive comments about it at Japshow and other events!

Don't mean to sound like a wee gimp but here goes......

If they are enclosed, and set to play the frequencies which your front speakers can't cope (because you can't get/fit decent speakers up front) with then they are worthwhile....otherwise they aren't very useful.

The 6x9's play the same frequencies so bass cancellation will occur.

They are in the same enclosed space.....with the sub being more powerful will cause the 6x9's to be pushed around and in some extreme cases blown.

If you have rear passengers it can be good.......and I must be honest with you, my car doesn't have 6x9's and when you sit in the back it sounds a lot poorer compared to a car with 6x9's.

There is loooooooooooads of stuff about this on the net, if you have a scout about google you could spend hours reading debate after debate after debate.....

Ok cheers, anyway, that line of discussion is taking this thread off topic. I'l have a read around the web about whats discussed above for further info about it :)

your kidding Are they really suppost to go down there? i honestly thought they were reffering to the front sides lol. .

I use a pair of Pioneer 7" mids i think, they sound ok but they have to be one or the other BASS or TREBLE to get the best match in between the two i cant turn it up too loud which is embarrising...i think i will put my older standard micra speakers on my parcel for now and cover them with some grills for now. .But i think i would deffo go with 6/9's if i were you and support them on MDF if possible plus if you use MDF you get too colour code which always looks amazing.. oops long boring post :( my bad!

Shark3y...

joe boy micra said:
lol as soon as a passanger gets in that they are getting kicked/ burst :laugh:

g357.jpg

Ed did a similar thing in his K10! Cant find any pictures of it tho

Back