HOW TO CHANGE THE ENGINE COVER COLOUR

HASAN

micrarri power!!
Could anyone give me step by step instructions on how to remove the cover. Also what will I sand it down with? just normal sand paper?

im new to all this lol :D

In search bar....
Type in Rocker Cover Painting Guide.
Yes I know we don't have rockers.
It's an old guide been on here for a while but very good and step by step.

Take rocker cover off,should be phillips screws all round,dissconnect the pipes and remove ht leads,nudge it side to side while lifting up and it should come off,once off give it a good clean,de greaser will help,then sand it down with some 320 gritt paper then 500 gritt and then wet flat 800 with water should give you a clean smooth finish,primer over it,about 3 coats,set it to dry atleast an hour or so,then apply 3 coats of desired colour let that dry,apply 3-4 coats of lacquer to finish then let it set for a few days,after that you can wet flat it with 1500 gritt paper lightly and then polish it with some g3 compound will give you a smooth and shiny finish have a look through my blog/build iv done mines too

Take rocker cover off,should be phillips screws all round,dissconnect the pipes and remove ht leads,nudge it side to side while lifting up and it should come off,once off give it a good clean,de greaser will help,then sand it down with some 320 gritt paper then 500 gritt and then wet flat 800 with water should give you a clean smooth finish,primer over it,about 3 coats,set it to dry atleast an hour or so,then apply 3 coats of desired colour let that dry,apply 3-4 coats of lacquer to finish then let it set for a few days,after that you can wet flat it with 1500 gritt paper lightly and then polish it with some g3 compound will give you a smooth and shiny finish have a look through my blog/build iv done mines too

Thanks for that mate!! Thorough instructions!! I'll do it soon and let you know how it turns out!

Back