Rocker cover removal

I'm trying to remove the cam cover to sand it down and paint it in a bid to make the engine bay look a little nicer, and I've removed all the screws, HT leads and all the breather hoses from it but try as I might, I can't get the sodding thing off.
Am I missing something here? Can anybody help here because it's really annoying me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As you look at the engine from the front, on the front left hand corner of the rocker cover where it joins the cylinder head.
There is a little keyway type slot that you can put a flat head screwdriver into, put the screwdriver in there and twist it to break the seal that is holding it down.
Then just ease it off all the way around.
Got one here glass beaded clean if you're interested buddy - ready to go.

1. DSC_0207_zpsabm9609h.jpg

davyboy, Mar 16, 2016EditReport
    #1Reply

Last edited:
As you look at the engine from the front, on the front left hand corner of the rocker cover where it joins the cylinder head.
There is a little keyway type slot that you can put a flat head screwdriver into, put the screwdriver in there and twist it to break the seal that is holding it down.
Then just ease it off all the way around.
Got one here glass beaded clean if you're interested buddy - ready to go.

1. DSC_0207_zpsabm9609h.jpg

davyboy, Mar 16, 2016EditReport
    #1Reply

Thanks a lot mate, incredibly helpful! :)
Sorry I'm going to have to give that a miss this time, I'm quite low on money at the moment and I can't really justify the expenditure. Does look mighty smart though!

Thanks a lot mate, incredibly helpful! :)
Sorry I'm going to have to give that a miss this time, I'm quite low on money at the moment and I can't really justify the expenditure. Does look mighty smart though!

Yup....smooth as a babies behind :)

Back