How Much?!

Shaun

***StaGGeRed***
Took my car to a garage today to get my bucket seats installed (Y)
no thumbs up really.. £200 odd for installation am i missing something or are they making me new seats? i obviously declined thew work being done :glare:

i was thinking below £100 but i mean just to unscrew the runners and make them fit the new seats £200 odd, so i would like to know from the people who have got non standard seats in their k10's or k11's how they did it exactly?

please bear in mind i have no welding kit or welding knowledge (why is there no crying icon?)

cheers guys/gals

its one of those jobs that could take 1/2 an hour or about 4 hours, and without dismantling your runners and offering them up to the bucket seats, they cant tell (hence the high quote)
i would take the passenger runner out and show them (or another garage)
maybe some of the holes line up ok ? :) and there,s no integral seatbelt mount like the k11 eh ?

its one of those jobs that could take 1/2 an hour or about 4 hours, and without dismantling your runners and offering them up to the bucket seats, they cant tell (hence the high quote)
i would take the passenger runner out and show them (or another garage)
maybe some of the holes line up ok ? :) and there,s no integral seatbelt mount like the k11 eh ?

the thing is i took the runners off of the passenger side and offered it up the runners are slightly longer so i could drill a hole through the mounting bit and mount that side up but then the other side would be too short width ways lol

never mind bodge time is a-coming!! (Y)

Go to any engineering firm in your area...give them your runner...tell them what you want and im sure one of them will do it for a bit extra dosh.

i did all my bucket / skyline seats on the nissan runners and didnt have any trouble, just borrow a mate with a mig welder

i did all my bucket / skyline seats on the nissan runners and didnt have any trouble, just borrow a mate with a mig welder

im the only one out of my friends that actually have a garage let alone a welder lol :down:

Back