How much poo can a CGA take?

rlees85

Ex. Club Member
I know the CG10 and CG13 engines are meant to take a whole lot of abuse... (tried and tested on a CG10 personally ;)) but becuase the CGA3DE is the same block sort-of as the CG13 but with a slight over-bore and a longer stroke, can the CGA3DE take a load of greif too??

Ive already noticed the rev limiter kicks in earlier then CG10.

Just wondered what the engine gurus on the MSC thought about the CGA3 engine lol.

If Im honest mine does get revved up alot especially now its on a 1.0 gearbox! But it gets GTX magnetec every 6-8k miles and its only just started using a little bit of oil (0.5L a month maybe if that) and its on nearly 70k miles.

Just trying to see if theres a point tuning this engine/car or just getting a different one :)

Im no guru but i think you can give the cga as much 'poo' :upside:

Ive blown the cobwebs out of mine for the last 20,000 miles and it runs sweet as a nut. They are pretty much the same engines. Having said that you can hear early faint signs of chain rattle developing when mines cold but saying that is just like the cg10/13s.

The rev limiter certainly catches me out on the not so frequent occasions i need the revs though!

It wouldnt hurt to change the oil every 5,000 miles too (Y) nice round number lol.

DSC00852.jpg

Is what they look like on the inside, pretty sturdy I'd say...

Back